Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2021, 09:59 PM   #61

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Breeze View Post
Enlighten me. What are the 'benefits'? Make it good now...

Disclaimer:
All benefits are subject to 50 Amp Homeowners Club Board of Directors approval, but below is listed on the new member brochure.

1. Unlimited subscription to book & movie "What about Bob?"
2. Free Unlimited Thor Forum Account where you get to add "50 Amp Club" to your Official Signature
3. Badge of Honor that says you are serious about RV Power
4. Official USA \ RV 50 Amp Club flag that shows other RVers you have the power to accommodate anyone that may be in need; regardless of what color, shape, or Mfg their RV may be.
5. Free Prime & Netflix accounts for 30 days
6. 1% off Nationwide Insurance with code 50AMPCLUB
7. Life sized replica 50amp breaker with vintage red button
8. Listing of your Home or RV Port with FEMA as an official Backup Reserve Safe Haven
9. Unlimited Lifetime Support from Connecticut Electric & GE Pedestal Supports divisions
10. Free RV Checklist App; so you can keep track of all the things you can turn on i.e someone may forget to start the coffee maker and put the popcorn in the microwave so by the time both ACs are at full blast, all 3 TVs are on, both refrigerators running, the popcorn is ready; so you start a 2nd bag of popcorn.
11. A Upper New York State Energy Card; Should you ever get caught in that nightmarish condition where you only have 30 amps service available, or two RVs trying to share the same 30 amp service.
12. Communicate 24/7 to member group leveraging 50 Amp Homeowners Club thread.

2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 10:15 PM   #62
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Damn... For all of that: I might have to get a Tiffin Zephyr, and put in a couple of 50 amp campsites in the back yard...
Old 06-23-2021, 02:28 AM   #63

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Damn... For all of that: I might have to get a Tiffin Zephyr, and put in a couple of 50 amp campsites in the back yard...
Now you talking sensible
Looking forward to you joining the 50 Amp Club. I think if you install two 50 amp services; you come in as a Platinum Member
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 06-23-2021, 02:51 AM   #64

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Now you talking sensible Looking forward to you joining the 50 Amp Club. I think if you install two 50 amp services; you come in as a Platinum Member
TWO 50 amp pedestals?? I'm bringing my entire house on a flat bed trailer!!
Old 06-23-2021, 11:33 AM   #65
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Now you talking sensible
Looking forward to you joining the 50 Amp Club. I think if you install two 50 amp services; you come in as a Platinum Member
What are the additional benefits of Platinum Membership?
Please hurry: the Dealership is waiting for my deposit...

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/at...1&d=1624448185
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zephyr01.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	31556  
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 08:05 PM   #66

Model: ACE 29.4
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #6457
Thetforrds Black Streak Remover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Anything to specifically remove black spots / streaks
Thetford's Black Streak Remover. Spray on and wipe off.
Old 06-23-2021, 08:30 PM   #67

State: Virginia
THOR #18622
Turtle wash and wax

I use the turtle wax wash and wax on roof and sides about $6.00 gallon jug at Wally World.
Be careful on the roof after applying it does get slippery.
Old 06-23-2021, 08:54 PM   #68

Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:

Disclaimer:
All benefits are subject to 50 Amp Homeowners Club Board of Directors approval, but below is listed on the new member brochure.

1. Unlimited subscription to book & movie "What about Bob?"
2. Free Unlimited Thor Forum Account where you get to add "50 Amp Club" to your Official Signature
3. Badge of Honor that says you are serious about RV Power
4. Official USA \ RV 50 Amp Club flag that shows other RVers you have the power to accommodate anyone that may be in need; regardless of what color, shape, or Mfg their RV may be.
5. Free Prime & Netflix accounts for 30 days
6. 1% off Nationwide Insurance with code 50AMPCLUB
7. Life sized replica 50amp breaker with vintage red button
8. Listing of your Home or RV Port with FEMA as an official Backup Reserve Safe Haven
9. Unlimited Lifetime Support from Connecticut Electric & GE Pedestal Supports divisions
10. Free RV Checklist App; so you can keep track of all the things you can turn on i.e someone may forget to start the coffee maker and put the popcorn in the microwave so by the time both ACs are at full blast, all 3 TVs are on, both refrigerators running, the popcorn is ready; so you start a 2nd bag of popcorn.
11. A Upper New York State Energy Card; Should you ever get caught in that nightmarish condition where you only have 30 amps service available, or two RVs trying to share the same 30 amp service.
12. Communicate 24/7 to member group leveraging 50 Amp Homeowners Club thread.

LOL...thanks.
Old 06-23-2021, 09:15 PM   #69
MLP

State: California
THOR #17478
When I want to strip everything of the surface and start from scratch, I use TNT (ZEP Truck & Trailer Wash). My cousin, who owned an RV repair business in Mass (RV's-R-US), used this before waxing a rig. It works well, but caution must be used when using it. Makes short work of removing everything from the surface.
Old 06-23-2021, 09:36 PM   #70

State: Virginia
THOR #18622
I used 303 protectant on my vinyl floor one turned into an ice skating rink
I cant imagine trying to walk on a roof treated with 303 protectant!!!!
Old 06-23-2021, 11:40 PM   #71

THOR #13058
Quote:
What are the additional benefits of Platinum Membership?
Please hurry: the Dealership is waiting for my deposit...

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/at...1&d=1624448185
That is gorgeous, I was gonna buy that Tiffin too; but do you know how much it was gonna cost to replace the tires; not to mentioned the added cost of the additional TPMS sensors

I can't imagine actually owning one. You have to pay to keep it in an enclosed air-conditioned facility, pay to have it wash and waxed all the time, pay people to drive it around in and out of the shops & dealerships. Worst part is having someone drive it to Florida for you and set it up while you fly down a few days later to spend a night at some campsite that had no opening; but since you paid up they magically found you one right on the lake on driver side of coach and with an ocean view on the passenger

We rented a 40 Fleetwood before buying, I can assure you those owners don't seek or need any more benefits, but there is one thing they may like. All donations made to the 50 Amp Homeowners Club are Tax Deductible

Disclaimer: To any Poster or Reader that may actually own one of these
Old 06-23-2021, 11:55 PM   #72
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
. I suppose I'd need to,add a runway in the backyard for the Gulfstream also?
Old 06-24-2021, 01:08 AM   #73

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
I used to fly Cessna 172 but the ex wife never wanted to fly so stopped and took up scuba and sky diving
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	74487_g500andg600cgulfstream_607995.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	31566  
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 01:29 AM   #74

THOR #13058
Quote:
. I suppose I'd need to,add a runway in the backyard for the Gulfstream also?
As long as it does not impede RVs connecting to either of the backyard 50 amp pedestals

Quote:
I used to fly Cessna 172 but the ex wife never wanted to fly so stopped and took up scuba and sky diving
So what you got against keeping your feet on solid ground? I guess you will have no problem getting up on the roof? I ain't jumping from a plane unless it is on fire heading to a mountain. I have tried to Scuba dive; but too much gear. I don't trust the people up on deck with my life with the oxygen tanks. My luck I will get an empty one Besides when I am below the water in an ocean like that, it is amazing how every fish looks like a shark

I am glad you RV'ng something safe

btw, I finally finished waxing the entire coach today. Day 1 Full Driver Side (1.5hr). Day 2 Rear of coach (1 hr) Day 3 two/thirds of Passenger side (1 hr), Day 4 one/third of Passenger side .5 hr) , Day 5 the front (.5hr) . I didn't encounter any black streaks The rear of my coach is the dirtiest due to exhaust from generator and it is also the hardest to clean due to ladder. While I am on a roll, weather permitting I may go ahead a re- wax the roof. If for no other reason to help withstand the July / August Texas heat. I don't put the 303 on the roof, but I may experiment with putting some 303 on the AC Covers?
Old 06-24-2021, 02:34 AM   #75

THOR #20220
Wow I am proud of you
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
Old 06-24-2021, 10:52 AM   #76
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
At the same time?
Dude...
Old 06-24-2021, 04:33 PM   #77

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
I use Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Detailer – Remove Contaminants, Boost Gloss & Enhance Protection. It takes off the black streaks
Old 06-24-2021, 04:49 PM   #78

THOR #20220
excellent amazon reviews do you use on your tpo roof?
Old 06-24-2021, 06:16 PM   #79

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
No I don't, I use it to take off the black streaks, I just carry two towels and spray and wipe and the motorhome can be done in an hour less if the wife does the bottom. If I could still use my stilts I could do it in a half hour. Now because of the stilts I need two knee replacements
Old 08-11-2021, 10:08 PM   #80

State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
How do you determine what type roof? Rubber or Fiberglass? I have a roof on my THOR ACE 30.4 that seems to be a thin sheet fiber that can move about. Is this a Fiberglass roof? I have cleaned with a mild soap and would like to reseal around trim. Any suggestions