Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-26-2021, 08:35 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany
State: Texas
THOR #1808
got bit or hmm splashed by the bubble

A few days ago, my wife mentioned the black tank burped when she flushed and i said it must be full.
drained it and it was not full, but i let the sleeping dog lie a few more days.
this morning went to flush and BUUUUUURRRRRPPP it went, followed by a splash upon the floor.
good thing it was only #1 and water.

i thought this is weird. i go out and flush the tank real good( i have two tornadoes, one at each end of tank) and thought for sure it was good.

went back in and filled toilet and did a test flush....BUUUUUURRRRP

got my trusty VENT snake 1/4" water hose blaster and climbed up top. removed the vent cap and took a look down the hole, YEP vent was clogged.

took us about an hr to get it all flushed out after i broke the blockage of what looked like a wasp nest or maybe ........TP

moral of the story...make sure the bowl is full of water when you flush..

my vent pipe for some reason extends down into the the black tank about 5 "...i know not why, but it is what it is because to fix it , is not going to be a fun day . and its right in the flow pattern of the toilet pipe..WHY why did they do that

so we had a good laugh this morning

Old 10-27-2021, 03:35 PM   #2

Model: 2022 Axis 24.1
State: Kansas
THOR #24565
Good tip. One I will remember.
Old 10-27-2021, 04:00 PM   #3
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Always treat a black tank like a loaded gun...

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/at...1&d=1635350419
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV Humor 30.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	34484  
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 05:10 PM   #4

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
"WHY why did they do that"

They don't know any better and don't care...common laborers doing plumbing work equals what you have. My kitchen drawers starting sagging in the rear and not catching in the closed position. Pulled drawers out to find the entire "H" bracket in the rear of the drawer slide assembly (mounting point of the slide rails at the rear) was held on by a single screw, shot through at an angle that apparently split the wood during installation. Nothing holds this assembly to the floor or stabilizes it to the sides other than this one screw as it's mounted over the spaghetti cluster of plumbing, gas lines, water lines, heater ducts, etc. in the slide. These assemblers (stretch) don't care because nothing can be traced back to anyone. By the time the faults are discovered, they will have switched jobs between manufacturers 10 times. Dealer wanted $1,100 to repair but couldn't tell me how they would do it. My cost to repair was only $9.00 and two bloody forearms. It doesn't matter how thorough a pre-purchase inspection you do...things will still happen. We still love the coach...you just gotta be able to fix things and be happy about that.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 05:44 PM   #5

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
"WHY why did they do that"

They don't know any better and don't care...common laborers doing plumbing work equals what you have. My kitchen drawers starting sagging in the rear and not catching in the closed position. Pulled drawers out to find the entire "H" bracket in the rear of the drawer slide assembly (mounting point of the slide rails at the rear) was held on by a single screw, shot through at an angle that apparently split the wood during installation. Nothing holds this assembly to the floor or stabilizes it to the sides other than this one screw as it's mounted over the spaghetti cluster of plumbing, gas lines, water lines, heater ducts, etc. in the slide. These assemblers (stretch) don't care because nothing can be traced back to anyone. By the time the faults are discovered, they will have switched jobs between manufacturers 10 times. Dealer wanted $1,100 to repair but couldn't tell me how they would do it. My cost to repair was only $9.00 and two bloody forearms. It doesn't matter how thorough a pre-purchase inspection you do...things will still happen. We still love the coach...you just gotta be able to fix things and be happy about that.
But those screws they use are real expensive which is why they use so few. Needless to say, many times I have found drawer slides held in with that single screw. I bought a box of appropriate screws, probably not the super expensive that thor uses, and add them when I find the "single screw fastener".
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote