Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2021, 03:12 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Arizona
THOR #11568
Aria 3901 entry steps

Got to San Angelo, TX yesterday and the entry steps on my 2018 Aria 3901 will not extend. They worked well in Dallas when I fueled, but nothing now. Checked fuse in front DS bay and it’s good. Haven’t had a chance to raise it and get under for a look yet but any ideas out there? Thor didn’t return my call today, but the 12V schematic shows nothing on the stairs. This may be a Freightliner installed part as the front fuse panel is not on the 12V schematic. I did hit heavy rain through Dallas, but don’t see anything unusual. Thanks for any suggestions

Old 05-28-2021, 03:44 AM   #2

State: Idaho
THOR #9660
You will need to get under and check the connections for the motor and the controller. You should be able to troubleshoot with a multimeter. I have had 2 step controllers go bad, one on our old Fleetwood, and one on our Aria. The controller on the Aria was not properly sealed and got wet driving in the rain.
Mike
Old 05-28-2021, 01:36 PM   #3

State: Arizona
THOR #11568
Kwikee steps

Thanks for the info. Heading home to Lake Powell in the next few days so I think I will wait until I get it back in the garage. Will let you know how it turns out. Safe travels