Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2017, 08:49 PM   #41

State: Arizona
THOR #8436
We picked up our unit today! The biggest problem wasThor didn't want to authorize the time needed for the repair. Camper World did the repair but I really don't think CW wanted to.
Bad customer service on both ends!
Thor should have not balked at anything. How does a RV leave the factory plumbed wrong! Shame on quality control.
So we will see if everything is repaired our next camping trip in September. Had to cancel this weeks reservations because we had no idea when our unit would be repaired.
I pray this is the last major problem we have.
Our unit is beautiful and drives very well and is quiet

Old 09-25-2017, 05:45 PM   #42

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Siesta Sprinter 24ST
State: Florida
THOR #2812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldchief View Post
Spoke with Thor Customer Care this morning. Long story short, they got all the warranty repair auth. requests from my dealer's service dept., EXCEPT the one for the inverter/ charger that was over charging my coach batteries. ................
Glad you are making progress....
My unit new in June 2016- about a month later the converter failed, no output.. Called dealer, "tomorrow am". I was in the waiting room less than an hour, they had the authorization from Thor and new unit on the way (3-4 days) --dealer had installed a converter from another new unit and I was on my way.
Of course having a dealer 5 miles away is a big help. But I do like their attitude.
1972 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
Hooligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:56 PM   #43

Model: Axis 25.5
THOR #4802
Wish I had a decent dealer. America Choice RV of Ocala, FL is good to deal with but totally crappy on service. Regarding my malfunctioning inverter/charger, they didn't bother to even seek factory authorization to replace it under warranty for 10 days. Then it took another 10 days for it to arrive from Thor. In all, they had my Axis 25.5 a total of 28 days, 3 days after we took delivery. Really responsive to the customer's needs...NOT! I wouldn't recommend America Choice RV to anyone, unless they want crappy service, calls not returned for days at a time, if at all and lies when you inquire as to why something is taking so long.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:15 PM   #44

Model: 2016 Siesta Sprinter 24ST
THOR #2812
Sorry you have been getting the run around. I think a lot of the complaints about Thor are related to poor service by the dealer. My dealer has a big sales lot, (8 acres) and handles a number of major brands but he also has a huge, well organized service department.
It's aggravating that the Inverter probably still functioned and you could have used a trickle charger for the batteries and used your rig while waiting for the replacement. Good luck....
1972 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
Hooligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote