Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-13-2022, 06:47 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 24TT
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #25001
Auto Levelers

Greetings All, we own a 2022 Thor Tiburon 24TT. Every time we auto level or retract, the right arrow on the display panel continuously flashes. Does anyone know what would cause this?

Old 02-13-2022, 08:06 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Without knowing which leveling system you have it's hard to say for sure, but on most Lippert systems a blinking arrow means that side is low and needs to be raised.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 09:18 PM   #3

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Without knowing which leveling system you have it's hard to say for sure, but on most Lippert systems a blinking arrow means that side is low and needs to be raised.
All three i have owned including the ultra were configured with the low side arrow blinking
Old 02-14-2022, 02:20 AM   #4

THOR #25001
Quote:

We have LCI Electronic leveling, factory installed.
Old 02-14-2022, 03:51 AM   #5
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wfern54 View Post
We have LCI Electronic leveling, factory installed.
Just so you know, LCI = Lippert. All their manuals are available on their website if you don't have a hard copy.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 02:03 AM   #6

THOR #25001
Quote:
Just so you know, LCI = Lippert. All their manuals are available on their website if you don't have a hard copy.

Thanks, I will check them out.
Old 02-23-2022, 09:05 PM   #7

State: Alabama
THOR #17401
You need to read up on the part that talks about calibrating your leveler system. You will need a bubble level to check front back and left to right. Start with "manual mode" leveling first when you get it set where nothing but the green light us steady the instructions will state how to set it there. Good luck.
Old 02-23-2022, 09:40 PM   #8
CHS

Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
THOR #22388
Levelers are now related to Covid-19???
Ok, now the CDC is getting out of hand. LOL
Old 02-23-2022, 10:15 PM   #9

State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
I will read and see if mine can be calibrated. If i use AUTO mode, the RV must go thru Gyrations, (what the H...ll is it doing, i think) and finally winds up with some of the wheels off the ground. Thanks for tip...
Old 02-23-2022, 11:26 PM   #10

State: Alabama
THOR #17401
I'm sure there should be a calibrate mode. Remember that having the wheel off the ground is not safe. It might need to be off ground to achieve level but still not safe. Best to have blocks to get the rig somewhat level then stabilize with Auto leveler. The wheel will be still touching pads which is safe. It's good to have pads for that jack leg that has pads under wheel so it extends down for length. Have fun and be safe.
Old 02-24-2022, 12:52 AM   #11

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
My Hurricane does not go through any 'gyrations' when I use auto level. The jacks touch the ground, then raise the coach. It operates just like the system does when using manual mode. When we bought the coach it was our first RV with hydraulic leveling jacks. I read the manual, calibrated the system to have the rear drivers side down a bubble for A/C drip. I have used auto ever since and it can't be simpler. Wheels off the ground is not really the fault of the leveling system as much as it is a result of a really unlevel camp site.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 11:31 PM   #12

THOR #22342
I see the LCI Level Zero Point Calibration in the owners manual. I will try this tomorrow. The area I parked is pretty much flat.

The ACE should be the same as the Hurricane....Again, this site rocks! thanks for tip...
Old 02-25-2022, 08:10 PM   #13

THOR #22342
All set, AUTO mode has settled down alot. Thanks!
Old 02-25-2022, 09:50 PM   #14

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Now that auto level works be careful. Auto level sends all 4 jacks down until they touch. Then it tries to level. Watch that tires aren’t off the ground. A lot of us use manual instead.
Old 02-26-2022, 01:11 AM   #15

THOR #22342
Thanks, I also noticed a nice coat of Silicone Lubricant on the Jack piston shafts stopped the jolting that was associated with the AUTO mode. Manual mode is preferred, and I can ensure the rear wheels stay on the ground. I also learned the rear wheels are where the parking brake is applied, with those off the ground, you loose that locking feature.
Old 03-01-2022, 05:05 PM   #16

Model: SV34
State: Arizona
THOR #24580
From the Lippert Ultra Level Manual:
Manual Leveling Procedures

Note: When leveling your coach, the coach should be leveled from front to rear first (Step 2-4). When the
coach is level from front to rear, then level the coach from left to right (Step 5).
Note: Coach must be running for Ultra Level Leveling System to operate.
1. Push ON/OFF button on control panel. The system is now operational and the ON/OFF light will be lit.
2. Push and hold MAN button for 5 seconds.
3. Push FRONT button until jacks contact the ground and lift the front of the coach 1-2 inches.
4. Push REAR button until jacks contact the ground and lift rear of coach. Keep button depressed until
bubble is centered.
5. Push LEFT or RIGHT button; if bubble is towards left of coach, push RIGHT button; if bubble is towards
right of coach push LEFT button. Keep button depressed until bubble is centered in vial.
Note: The right and left jacks are used to level the coach side to side. Pushing the LEFT button on the
control panel will extend both left jacks. Pushing the RIGHT button on the control panel will
extend both right jacks. Jacks always work in pairs, both front jacks; both right side jacks, etc.
6. Repeat steps 2 through 5 if needed.
7. Turn power off to leveling system by pushing ON/OFF button.
8. Visually inspect all jacks to ensure all shoes are touching the ground. Should one of the rear jack shoes
not be touching the ground, press the corresponding LEFT or RIGHT rear jack buttons to lower the
corresponding jack to the ground.
Ottosails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 02:39 AM   #17

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
Sorry Otto, that's too much work. Power on, press auto, then power off. Easy, peasy.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 09:03 AM   #18
CHS

Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
THOR #22388
Quote:
Originally Posted by txc2936@yahoo.com View Post
Thanks, I also noticed a nice coat of Silicone Lubricant on the Jack piston shafts stopped the jolting that was associated with the AUTO mode. Manual mode is preferred, and I can ensure the rear wheels stay on the ground. I also learned the rear wheels are where the parking brake is applied, with those off the ground, you loose that locking feature.
Not sure how a lubricant on the outside of a piston can change the (jolting) The jolting is caused by the opening and closing of the valves directing the fluid to a specific piston.

I would never keep a (coat) of silicone on them. Not sure if having greasy silicone is OK since it will collect all kinds of dirt that will be sure to begin eating away the rubber seals. I would clean it off and then use a dry lubricant to clean them each time before retracting them.

Here is a good video explaining this and much more. Specifically at the 9:50 minute mark on the video.
Old 04-11-2022, 01:05 PM   #19

Model: Hurricane 34R
State: Indiana
THOR #19887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
... Wheels off the ground is not really the fault of the leveling system as much as it is a result of a really unlevel camp site.
That is not necessarily true according with our experience in our 2021 Hurricane.
We have a cement patio at home where we park our MH which is level sideways and is very slightly lower in the front for water run off.
When I turn on the level system it confirms that the coach is level sideways and slight low in the front.
If I press the auto button, it will level front to rear, then UNLEVEL the MH extending more the rear right and level it(extending more the other jacks) all over again....
This will cause the coach to be higher than needed...
I did reset the zero point as per the owners manual and the logic didn't change so after that I started to manual leveling as others have said.
Because it does this, if you are on a more unlevel ground, the difference between auto and manual may be the difference between having a wheel out of the ground or not.
It happened to us a couple of times: I autolevel and one of the wheels was in the air, then, w/o moving the couch and staying in the same place, I manual level and all wheels where on the ground and we where level...
Old 04-11-2022, 11:38 PM   #20

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
I always use manual. Auto sends all 4 jacks down. Then tries to raise front. Back won’t go down cuz jacks are down.