Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2022, 09:24 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New York
THOR #11925
Dashboard Vents not working

The dashboard vents on my 2016 Thor A.C.E. 27.1 are not working, no air comes out in vent, heat, or AC mode. You can hear the fan running and air comes our of the windshield vents. Has anyone had a similar problem or knows of a repair recommendation?

Old 07-11-2022, 09:32 PM   #2

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDtraveler View Post
The dashboard vents on my 2016 Thor A.C.E. 27.1 are not working, no air comes out in vent, heat, or AC mode. You can hear the fan running and air comes our of the windshield vents. Has anyone had a similar problem or knows of a repair recommendation?
All vehicles now have mode doors that open and close depending on the knob direction. Most of them now are electric. if you set it on the floor check the motor for voltage 12 volt + if there isn't voltage the control in the dash might be bad. if there is voltage to the motor and it doesn't work replace the motor under the dash. My old Chrysler has 5, I think. I just looked at a YouTube video and many many people have the same problem. One guy fixed a vacuum leak by the bottom of the engine that a chicken knocked off, after he removed the eggs. Looks like Ford is still using vacuum lines like the 1970's https://youtu.be/H8MxJi2u5FY
Old 07-11-2022, 10:29 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
Had that happen on my old class c. Mice had chewed up the vacuum lines that go to the blend door selector. Fords seem to default to the defroster function when there is a problem. I had to tear out the dash to get to the damaged vacuum lines. It was a weekend project.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 10:42 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDtraveler View Post
The Evans Tempcon system installed in your coach defaults to the defroster is diverter door. If you have no air out of any vents at any time and you can hear the fan motor running, you provably have lost the fan's drive . The nut is off the shaft or the drive spline has sheared on the shaft. The fan is sold separately from the motor.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote