Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-24-2022, 07:16 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Vegas kitchen faucet leaks at base on counter

I have looked for posts on this, but all I have found are "replacing" the faucet. When the water pump is on, I am seeing water pooling at the base of the kitchen faucet on the kitchen counter. I am guessing that it may be the cartridge in the faucet, but not really figuring out how that could cause the leak in the faucet and pool on the counter.

I am just wondering if anyone else has repaired this, and how they did it.

Not really wanting to go to the trouble of replacing the faucet if I can repair it.

Old 04-24-2022, 07:24 PM   #2

Model: Miramar
State: California
THOR #22927
Just be sure and tighten all fittings under the sink. Water lines and faucet connections to the counter. Start there still leaks replace.
Old 04-24-2022, 07:25 PM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
I did more. Not only did I replace the kitchen faucet, I also replaced the sink, countertop and range...
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 07:59 PM   #4
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
I have looked for posts on this, but all I have found are "replacing" the faucet. When the water pump is on, I am seeing water pooling at the base of the kitchen faucet on the kitchen counter. I am guessing that it may be the cartridge in the faucet, but not really figuring out how that could cause the leak in the faucet and pool on the counter.

Not really wanting to go to the trouble of replacing the faucet if I can repair it.
I don't know exactly what kind of faucet you have but I had a TT that leaked at the base of the faucet connection after a cold winter. Seems the water trapped at the base of the faucet had frozen and cracked the connection. Entire faucet assembly replaced.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 08:23 PM   #5

THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
I did more. Not only did I replace the kitchen faucet, I also replaced the sink, countertop and range...
what sink did you use? I figure if I have to replace the faucet then removing the sink would be the easiest way to tackle it. And, if I am going to remove the sink, then getting rid of the white plastic one might be called for...
Old 04-24-2022, 08:56 PM   #6
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
what sink did you use? I figure if I have to replace the faucet then removing the sink would be the easiest way to tackle it. And, if I am going to remove the sink, then getting rid of the white plastic one might be called for...
I went with this guy (Amazon). It was a lot deeper than the cheap plastic one so I had to remove a drawer as well (I just took off the face of the drawer and stuck it to the side of the cabinet so the look didn't change).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 09:39 PM   #7

Model: vegas 24.1
State: Nevada
THOR #17346
no problems with mine, BUT, did you check your water pressure? when my water pressure is too high, I find leaks at connections, etc. I just bought a new pressure regulator after seeing this really nice one on a neighbors rig.

another thing to check is the connection at the head at the spray nozzle, I have seen these fail and leak back through the faucet.
Old 04-25-2022, 05:13 PM   #8

THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by galOnTheGo View Post
no problems with mine, BUT, did you check your water pressure? when my water pressure is too high, I find leaks at connections, etc. I just bought a new pressure regulator after seeing this really nice one on a neighbors rig.

another thing to check is the connection at the head at the spray nozzle, I have seen these fail and leak back through the faucet.
Thanks for the suggestion. I actually removed and re-installed the spray nozzle head yesterday. Waiting for a replacement cartridge to arrive from amazon to put the faucet back together and test..

I don't think it is water pressure, as this is leaking using the 12v water pump. But, thanks for the suggestion!
Old 04-25-2022, 11:54 PM   #9

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #20826
Jamie, I am thinking of replacing my white plastic sink too. What faucet did you use? Do you have any pictures?
Old 04-30-2022, 12:14 AM   #10

THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
You are right, tried to repair the faucet and was no way. Apparently the leak was inside the faucet and completely unrepairable (I hate to say ANYTHING is unrepairable)

So, since I had to remove the plastic sink to access the faucet I have decided that a faucet AND stainless sink is called for. Amazing how RV's are just an excuse to shop online <grin>
Old 04-30-2022, 09:51 PM   #11

THOR #4687
Thought I would post the results of my "repair". I know owners of newer coaches that didn't have the pleasure of the white plastic tub in the kitchen counter won't appreciate my elation. But, the kitchen now looks like a kitchen!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220430_152412.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	37231   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220430_152402.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	37232  

Old 05-04-2022, 06:08 PM   #12

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: British Columbia
THOR #25206
Sink

Hey Mo Mike ... nice job. If you can, will you post a link to the sink and faucet you bought. Thanks
Old 05-04-2022, 07:08 PM   #13

State: New York
THOR #18561
Quote:

I can help answer this. The cartridge is most likely the culprit. If cartridge is bad eater is dripping down and yes will pool at base of faucet. If it is a single handle faucet usually removing the handle will give you access to the cartridge for replacing, but you’ll need to know which manufacturer it is or remove it and try to have it matched. Sometimes just debris in the cartridge will cause it to leak.
Old 05-06-2022, 05:56 PM   #14

State: Alaska
THOR #20400
I noticed a similar problem with my 2015 Vegas a couple months ago. I cleaned out the nozzle on the end of the faucet & that fixed it for me.

Quote: