Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-30-2020, 10:11 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #16623
TV reception issues 2020 Windsport

Our 2020 Windsport has 5 tv's. One in the bedroom, one outside, one in the living room and one each in the two bunk beds. I had issues with bad reception on the living room and bunk tv's. I knew it was a loose connection somewhere, so I opened the panel on the upper cabinet where the TV amp, switcher and DVD are located and found a tv splitter there. I tighten the coax connections and tried the tv's, again no reception in the living room and bunks. I called Thor and they said there was another splitter connection near the bunks. I could not find the panel, but when my my wife was sweeping I saw a drawer under the oven. It was actually a panel entry and the other coax splitter was there. I tighten these connections (all were loose). This did the trick, all tv's are working fine now. I hope this helps anyone else who is having similar issues.

Old 09-22-2020, 02:56 PM   #2

Model: Windsport 34j
State: Wisconsin
THOR #11360
Thanks for the information. I have a Windsport 34j. TV reception is spotty. I have been looking for the splitters. Thank you for doing the legwork. Now I am hopeful that I can arrest the bad reception issues.
Happy Trails,
WolfSpyryt
Old 09-22-2020, 06:01 PM   #3

Model: Windsport 34J
State: Minnesota
THOR #9155
Same issues, same solution in a 2018 34J. The splitter was located under the large drawer next to the removable panel under the stove. Also most connections on the TV's were loose. (To remove the drawer there are two small levers on the side of the slides. Push on lever up and the other lever down)
Old 09-22-2020, 07:52 PM   #4

THOR #11360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnbl View Post
Same issues, same solution in a 2018 34J. The splitter was located under the large drawer next to the removable panel under the stove. Also most connections on the TV's were loose. (To remove the drawer there are two small levers on the side of the slides. Push on lever up and the other lever down)
Is that the only place that you found a Splitter?
Old 09-23-2020, 02:05 PM   #5

Model: Windsport 34J
State: Minnesota
THOR #9155
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfSpyryt View Post
Is that the only place that you found a Splitter?
There was also a splitter behind the panel with the antenna amplifier. That panel is removable with some difficulty. There were also loose connections there. The one mystery I haven't figured out is where the feed to the hallway tv comes from. There may be one more splitter somewhere shared with the outdoor tv? I didn't look to hard because both those tv's worked fine. Only had trouble with the four tv's in the slide.
Old 09-23-2020, 02:18 PM   #6

THOR #11360
Thanks. I found the one behind the amplifier switch, all 4 connections loose.
Still nothing found under kitchen. I did find HDMI cables under the kitchen that were spliced and taped.
I'll keep looking. I'll reply if I find anything else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnbl View Post
There was also a splitter behind the panel with the antenna amplifier. That panel is removable with some difficulty. There were also loose connections there. The one mystery I haven't figured out is where the feed to the hallway tv comes from. There may be one more splitter somewhere shared with the outdoor tv? I didn't look to hard because both those tv's worked fine. Only had trouble with the four tv's in the slide.
Old 10-21-2021, 03:34 AM   #7

State: Hawaii
THOR #25165
I have a 2019 wind sport and when we slam the kitchen door the local cable stations go out. Any ideas?
Old 10-21-2021, 03:42 AM   #8

Model: Windsport 34F
State: Alberta
THOR #22490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan View Post
I have a 2019 wind sport and when we slam the kitchen door the local cable stations go out. Any ideas?
Don’t slam the kitchen door.

2015 Thor Windsport 34F = empty pockets
2010 Kia Soul
REME veteran
Trophy1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 11:34 AM   #9
CHS

Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
THOR #22388
5 TV's, Are we camping still.

I have 3. Watch only really one. That said, I installed an additional outlet outside to directly hook up the inside dinette TV to my Dish. That way not going through the splitters, or the booster at all. Also installed a 2 way switch and ran an additional coax cable to the outside TV so I can change it from the inside to the outside (Dish only)
I also removed the directional antenna and installed the Winguard 360 antenna. Very easy to do. No more moving the antenna to find the stations. Some areas have signals in opposite directions. You can only find the ones in the direction it's pointed. Works great.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1