Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-30-2021, 08:27 PM   #1
z28

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Florida
THOR #9536
Awnings Lights Not Secure

I just noticed that my under awning lights on my 2018 Ace are drooping and not secure. I am looking for suggestions to secure these lights.
It looks like they may have been sewn to the awning and had some adhesive in a few areas.
thanks
Mark

Old 01-31-2021, 05:02 PM   #2

Model: Axis 24.2
State: California
THOR #18202
Not sure of what you are dealing with since my awning lights are in the crossbar but I have had success with the following adhesive when repairing canvas.

Visbella 1 Min Quick Bonding Fast Dry Sew Fabric Glue Liquid Reinforcing Adhesive Speedy Fix for All Fabrics Clothing Cotton Flannel Denim Leather Polyester Doll Repair (60ml+120ml)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 01-31-2021, 05:27 PM   #3

Model: Windsport 29M
State: California
THOR #8977
I just had the same issue on my 29M. The sewn in lights on the awning started coming loose due to sun exposure rotting the threads. Looked at replacing the awning but was more than I wanted to spend. Purchased a Carefree of Colorado replacement light strip with 3M backing and attached to side of RV right where the awning strip was to begin with. Perfect fit and can’t tell any difference.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Eeeride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 08:03 PM   #4
z28

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Florida
THOR #9536
Just purchased some LED rope lighting clips from Amazon, along with some 3M exterior double face tape. I plan to remove the plastic sheath that was attached to the awning and just stick the clips up under the awning to the body with rope LED light held by the new clips. I spoke with 3M and they say this will be a permanent fix.The total cost was $13.95.