Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2024, 08:17 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37DS
State: California
THOR #29567
Axerra and Camera Issue

So Since delivery of the coach have had issues with the back up camera not working, Radio turning on spontaneously when on shore power and side cameras intermittently working(turn right get left camera etc).

System was replaced finally, here's the dealers quality work screwing a make shift cover into the dash. no head unit cover on the dash just this fabrication. I did get left the owners manual however not any spare parts install manual etc for the replacement unit. It got new mirrors, cameras and I'll say those all look and work awesome. In the install process they now don't have hands free controls, Bluetooth won't send any audio. Resolution by Thor and local dealer was to take it home like this and find an audio shop to correctly install the unit which I have no idea if there's spare parts etc.

Thor is working on making it right but if you have a similar issue so your aware suposedly they don't make the axerra system anymore and while Alpine designed this unit to be compatible its opened more issues to get fixed.

Since Delivery:
-Showers were not caulked
-Magic fan opener broke twice
-loose washers and bolts to front grill on delivery, washers to small for holes bolt goes through
-front hood access was not drilled out resulting in it popping open vs locking (fixed by drilling proper slot self)
-miltiple compartments locked but door latch would still pop open
-induction stove didn't work and was replaced
-ground issue with headlights requiring harness replacement (thor side not ford)
-drawers missing lock latches, tracks replaced no locks again had to buy in self install
-drivers kitchen slide out has come loose twice while driving over 14k miles sliding out 3-4 inches while driving (no resolution yet)

-Sure there's more I can't think of but stay and do a full run down of your coach at delivery for a day or two and have these things addressed before driving it home is the moral of my story. Lots of trips in to have it sit a week or two pick up for it to come back some things addressed others not. Some things denied with video and photo proof of it occurring (took 2 years to get the camera system addressed that's been an issue since day one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3165.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	46426   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3166.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	46427  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3167.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	46428   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3168.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	46429  

Old 06-11-2024, 10:12 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 35m
State: North Carolina
THOR #13505
Dang!!
Old 06-11-2024, 10:33 PM   #3
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judders View Post
So Since delivery of the coach have had issues with the back up camera not working, Radio turning on spontaneously when on shore power and side cameras intermittently working(turn right get left camera etc).

System was replaced finally, here's the dealers quality work screwing a make shift cover into the dash. no head unit cover on the dash just this fabrication. I did get left the owners manual however not any spare parts install manual etc for the replacement unit. It got new mirrors, cameras and I'll say those all look and work awesome. In the install process they now don't have hands free controls, Bluetooth won't send any audio. Resolution by Thor and local dealer was to take it home like this and find an audio shop to correctly install the unit which I have no idea if there's spare parts etc.

Thor is working on making it right but if you have a similar issue so your aware suposedly they don't make the axerra system anymore and while Alpine designed this unit to be compatible its opened more issues to get fixed.

Since Delivery:
-Showers were not caulked
-Magic fan opener broke twice
-loose washers and bolts to front grill on delivery, washers to small for holes bolt goes through
-front hood access was not drilled out resulting in it popping open vs locking (fixed by drilling proper slot self)
-miltiple compartments locked but door latch would still pop open
-induction stove didn't work and was replaced
-ground issue with headlights requiring harness replacement (thor side not ford)
-drawers missing lock latches, tracks replaced no locks again had to buy in self install
-drivers kitchen slide out has come loose twice while driving over 14k miles sliding out 3-4 inches while driving (no resolution yet)

-Sure there's more I can't think of but stay and do a full run down of your coach at delivery for a day or two and have these things addressed before driving it home is the moral of my story. Lots of trips in to have it sit a week or two pick up for it to come back some things addressed others not. Some things denied with video and photo proof of it occurring (took 2 years to get the camera system addressed that's been an issue since day one.
So is there a question here? Or are you just ranting about a three year old coach (again)?
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B BU TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 11:18 PM   #4
It's 'towed', not toad.

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
2 years of squabbling over a $90 radio head and a free install at Best Buys.

Is there value in this way of thinking?

I think:
If thy not right rv offend thee,
Pluck. It. Out.

Sell it and get happy.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 01:33 AM   #5

Model: Miramar 35.2
THOR #28908
Had the same issue on my Miramar. I reached out to the manufacturer of the camera, sent some pics and video as I was having issue with the picture and night view. They sent out a replacement and I installed it. Works perfectly!

These RV’s are just something you have to keep up, fix and maintain like a first house you buy. I’ve realized with other trailers, Toy haulers etc that there are going to be issues and either you deal with it, fix it or just sell it and use a tent! Lol.
Old 06-12-2024, 04:42 AM   #6

Model: Chateau 22E
THOR #31946
Judders - You have my sympathy. I hope your RV is working fine now and you can enjoy your RV life from here on.
2024 Thor Chateau 22E
RetiredTorng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 05:39 AM   #7

State: New York
THOR #29532
Unhappy axis 24.1 camera switcher stopped working.

[QUOTE=Judders;415448]So Since delivery of the coach have had issues with the back up camera not working, Radio turning on spontaneously when on shore power and side cameras intermittently working(turn right get left camera etc).

Since you've been working in the same area, did you find out where the fuse for the camera switcher is located? I may have popped the fuse while changing the radio.
I sure would appreciate some help with this. I'm 74 and not agile as I used to be. Tried sticking my head under the steering wheel dash area but couldn't find it. Please help!
Old 06-14-2024, 09:46 AM   #8

Model: Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
It appears Thor's quality approach hasn't changed much.
Ours is a 2016, and after fixing nearly everything, every little nuance, it's not really a bad RV.

Look at the bright side, like me, you get a thorough knowledge of how every system and component works, how to fix them, where to look, identify symptoms, and a notebook 2.5 inches thick to travel with you that you created.

School of hard knocks? Or go broke paying someone to fix it for you, as you wait in line (or receive the quality of work of the inexperienced teenager), because they cannot get enough of the technicians to fill the demand.