Originally Posted by nick104
Well, It finally happened. I had to replace the engine battery by removing the work station desk from the passenger side dash board.
Welcome to the club ! We replaced the chassis battery last fall. Having read about it in advance...we were prepared. Our plywood board fit snugly in place, helped out with some expanding foam. We, carefully, removed the board and determined we would allow our battery guy to do the removal and placing new battery. Having the opening ready for him when we arrived, he did the job rather quickly. Having in business for many years, he knew motorhome batteries can be a pain.
We replaced the wood and taped it in place using Gorilla tape.
We have a hinge and small hasp we are going to install...soon...in hopes of getting on the road sometime this summer !
Happy camping and stay safe and well !