Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-11-2022, 07:15 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #28232
Axis 24.1 Chassis Fuses

AC just decided not to come on, with any power source. Breakers okay in the inverter box. Trying the chassis fuses but could use your help pointing out the fuse for house AC? See photo. Or am I looking in the wrong place? Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1FC2CAD7-717A-4478-9E5B-E4FF65AC647A.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	39696  

Old 10-11-2022, 07:25 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Inverter box? You don't have an inverter. You have a converter in the Power Center which converts 120 VAC from Shore Power (SP) or the generator to 12+ VDC for house DC loads and battery charging.

The roof A/C has nothing to do with anything in the chassis (looking in the wrong place)

To run the roof A/C you need 120 VAC from SP or the generator. There is a breaker in the power center that supplies the 120 VAC to the A/C. You can not run the A/C from the batteries.

You also need the thermostat to tell the A/C to turn on. The thermostat uses 12 VDC from the house DC buss through the Appliances fuse, through the furnace. No 12 VDC = no A/C running.

Does the microwave work?
Do your inside lights work?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 07:39 PM   #3

State: California
THOR #28232
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Inverter box? You don't have an inverter. You have a converter in the Power Center which converts 120 VAC from Shore Power (SP) or the generator to 12+ VDC for house DC loads and battery charging.

The roof A/C has nothing to do with anything in the chassis (looking in the wrong place)

To run the roof A/C you need 120 VAC from SP or the generator. There is a breaker in the power center that supplies the 120 VAC to the A/C. You can not run the A/C from the batteries.

You also need the thermostat to tell the A/C to turn on. The thermostat uses 12 VDC from the house DC buss through the Appliances fuse, through the furnace. No 12 VDC = no A/C running.

Does the microwave work?
Do your inside lights work?
Thanks, I’ll close the hood. We’re plugged into SP and lights and microwave are working. Also tried under generator power and nothing.
Old 10-11-2022, 08:38 PM   #4

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
The, what I will call the power center, has AC and DC breakers as well as a charger for the batteries. It is located under the fridge on my 2021 Axis 24.1.

Open the cover and see if the AC breaker has tripped. If it has then reset it and see if the A/C comes on.

David
Old 10-11-2022, 08:55 PM   #5
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelinTish View Post
Thanks, I’ll close the hood. We’re plugged into SP and lights and microwave are working. Also tried under generator power and nothing.
Just for grins try the furnace. If it works that eliminates the thermostat (for the most part) and the control power.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 10:08 PM   #6

State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
ACE’s post above triggered this thought- what year Axis? On my 2021, the BMPro is the thermostat and controls the A/C. That may be your problem.

I (mostly) hate the BMPro.

David
Old 10-15-2022, 12:41 AM   #7

State: Tennessee
THOR #7640
I had problems with my AC. I had to change out the fuse that is inside the thermostat. You can get those fuses at Amazon. I still had problems with blowing fuses. Had somebody come out to trace down the problem. Found that the wire from the thermostat to the AC unit had a knick it from one of the screws that was screwed somewhere to hold something together. It finally wore and started to ground itself out. Technicians had to put a new wire in.
Old 10-28-2022, 01:42 PM   #8

Model: AXIS 25.2
State: Tennessee
THOR #6051
Your A/C is 120V AC. Chassis fuses are all 12V DC.

Tags
2018, ac fuse, axis 24.1