Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2020, 12:10 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Missouri
THOR #17907
Question AXIS 24.1 Electrical Schematic

1. 1. Does anyone have a basic schematic of the 12 v. system that includes coach and chassis batteries, BIM, latching relay, breakers, generator, chassis alternator, fuses, terminals, and other components? I have asked Thor who sent several schematics that look like chassis harness drawings and bussmann chassis distribution box which are of little use to me.

2. 2. While trouble shooting my BIM, I disconnected the wires from both main terminals. However, there is a small fused wire that connects to one of the Bat-A or Bat-B terminals. I am not sure which one (due to memory lapses - I should have taken a picture before starting…). Anyone know which terminal that small yellow wire goes to?

Old 06-11-2020, 12:25 AM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Contact Thor. The diagrams are proprietary and cannot be shared without Thor’s written permission.
Old 06-11-2020, 12:57 AM   #3
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Thor's "schematics" are not true schematics, more like combination schematic/wiring diagram.

Here's the PDF for the BIM which contains a wiring schematic and may help you. I suspect your yellow wire should go to the SIG terminal to allow the emergency start switch to tie the battery banks together.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 01:24 AM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Have your VIN handy and go to the owner resources page on Thors website. You'll be able to download a whole bunch of info on your specific coach.
https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owner-resource/
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 02:15 AM   #5

THOR #17907
Thank you for the info. Have looked at the information on the THOR page for my vehicle - not much on details for the electrical systems. Have also contacted THOR reps but they could not provide what I'm looking for. By the way, the yellow wire goes to Bat-B (Coach) battery terminal and is for the switch for emergency start that cross connects the batteries.
Old 03-23-2023, 06:53 PM   #6

State: Georgia
THOR #29271
Did you ever get an answer? Thor is no help whatsoever, the wiring diagram only shows the main battery leads on the solenoid.
Old 03-23-2023, 07:01 PM   #7

State: Georgia
THOR #29271
I have gone through the website and can't find anything like the proper wiring diagram for the solenoid. Thor doesn't give the wiring schematics, just a generalized drawing. Do you know of a resource for the actual 12v wiring diagram for the solenoid system?
Old 03-23-2023, 07:45 PM   #8
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt A. View Post
I have gone through the website and can't find anything like the proper wiring diagram for the solenoid. Thor doesn't give the wiring schematics, just a generalized drawing. Do you know of a resource for the actual 12v wiring diagram for the solenoid system?
What solenoid system? There are many "solenoids" AKA relays in the house and chassis DC system. Have you looked at the crowd sourced Axis/Vegas manual by Ed Felker here:

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f1...nual-4961.html

If you still have specific questions we'd be happy to answer them. The Year/Make/Model of your RV will help get better answers.
Old 04-10-2023, 01:52 PM   #9

THOR #17907
BIM Wiring

Thanks for the responses. My original question concerned how the wires are connected on the BIM (Precision 160). It appears the factory wiring on mine may be incorrect as the 2 amp fused circuit is wired to the Chassis battery terminal instead of the Sig terminal as indicated in the schematic below. My question is will that make a difference in functionality? The terminal connector is large indicating the factory meant to go on the battery terminal. Any insights? (Could not attach schematic)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter 367.png
Views:	44
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	41537  
Old 04-10-2023, 01:56 PM   #10
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern View Post
Thanks for the responses. My original question concerned how the wires are connected on the BIM (Precision 160). It appears the factory wiring on mine may be incorrect as the 2 amp fused circuit is wired to the Chassis battery terminal instead of the Sig terminal as indicated in the schematic below. My question is will that make a difference in functionality? The terminal connector is large indicating the factory meant to go on the battery terminal. Any insights? (Could not attach schematic)
Common issue - well documented by Judge - just had a recent post/question on that same issue. Yes it does affect proper operation and should be wired IAW the Li-BIM instructions.
Old 04-10-2023, 02:31 PM   #11

THOR #17907
BIM Wiring

Thank you for that information. I will change it IAW schematic!
Old 04-10-2023, 03:19 PM   #12

State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
Vern:

I am a little surprised you can’t find the schematic you are looking for. What year is your coach?

For my 2021 Axis 24.1, after registering with Thor, I downloaded a file- Schematic details for Floorplan 24.1. The first few are floorplan details but about a dozen down is a 12V Power Distribution, Dual Battery schematic. It clearly shows the BIM but it shows the chassis and coach batteries wired incorrectly. No wonder the factory wires them backwards! It only shows the heavy battery connections, not the smaller ign, etc connections. AFAIK Thor has no schematic that shows these.

David