Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-23-2019, 08:58 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Synergy 24MB
State: Arizona
THOR #5093
Thanks so much for the phone number!

Old 03-23-2019, 10:31 PM   #22

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #8604
Quote:
Originally Posted by analoguy View Post
On my Miramar 34.2, there is a center consol/screen for the radio, audio, rear camera, etc (Axxera AV615BHM). Everything on the panel is dead, the power button does nothing. I am thinking this is the fuse, but in looking at all the fuse panels I can't find anything looking like it is THE fuse. And, of course, the manuals tell me nothing.

Does anybody have an idea where the fuse is, or any ideas what is wrong?
Thanks in advance.
I have a Hurricane 35M and lost the radio as well as the cigarette lighters. Called the dealer because none of the inside fuse panels had a blown fuse (under driver's side of dash, under the rear bed) and the mechanic told me it was a F-53 fuse, not one that Thor installed. He directed me to under the hood on the firewall about in the middle. He was right on. Only problem was it was a large fuse and AutoZone charged me $13 for it. I shouldn't complain because it definitely fixed the problem.
Old 03-24-2019, 02:47 AM   #23

Model: Vegas Windsport Chateau C
State: Texas
THOR #14643
Axxera fuse

Click image for larger version

Name:	51E02280-A214-454C-9263-D0291865A32B.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	16333

Name:	CF355603-8A0E-4A82-8806-3071286157F0.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	16334

On the back of most AXXERAs there’s a fuse. Sometimes under the wire harness plug. Sometimes there’s a screw holding it down next to the sticker that says no user serviceable parts inside. Or qualified technicians only.

The tools to remove the ones not bolted in come with a new radio. The one they sell you when they show you power going into the unit in your dash that “doesn’t work”. Then sell yours to the next guy with the same problem.

Pull the trim off carefully. Unbolt it if screws hold it in and pull it out. Most just slide into the housing. For those:
Take two butter knives and stick them between the radio and the housing it slides into on either side. Fell for the little tabs that hold it in place and shove them in a little more. 3-4”. It slides right out. Too easy. Check that fuse. If you have a good fuse and power at that point it’s probably a broke radio. Internal parts can be replaced too pretty cheap by someone a little smarter than me.
Old 03-24-2019, 03:29 AM   #24

Brand: Still Looking
Model: S.O.B.
State: Florida
THOR #14543
The bag that contained the paperwork for our radio also had these two tools for removing the radio from the dash. They're about 4" long.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Axxera radio 2.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	16335  
Popfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 03:30 AM   #25

THOR #14643
A week cell in one of the house batteries is the mystery gremlin most of the time. Generator dies while your on the hwy. Slide motors, radios, use/disconnect switch not cooperating, circuit/control boards... Have good strong house batteries first. Never let them get completely drained of power and check the water often.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:24 AM   #26

THOR #14643
The reset button can be the problem I’ve heard. Wet, stuck, or dirty maybe. I’ve never fixed any. Replaced a bunch.
Old 03-24-2019, 12:34 PM   #27

State: Nevada
THOR #10325
Radio seated

Quote:
On my Miramar 34.2, there is a center consol/screen for the radio, audio, rear camera, etc (Axxera AV615BHM). Everything on the panel is dead, the power button does nothing. I am thinking this is the fuse, but in looking at all the fuse panels I can't find anything looking like it is THE fuse. And, of course, the manuals tell me nothing.

Thanks in advance.
Push the button on the top Center of the unit?and wiggle it while gently pressing in or puss it out and reseat the unit into the plug Mine had the same issue and it just was not seated correctly into the mount.
Old 03-24-2019, 12:46 PM   #28

State: North Carolina
THOR #14072
Thor axxera

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
I have a Miramar 35.2 so probably same radio. Slide the unit out and the is a small blade type fuse plugged in the rear of unit.
Old 04-25-2019, 01:05 PM   #29

State: New Jersey
THOR #14734
I have a 2018 Miramar 35.2 Main fused power line for my Axxera is connected directly to the coach batteries. Not shown on an schematics. After checking every fuse under the dash and all the fuses on the front firefall came across this by pure dumb luck. Its a 15amp fuse.

Name:	Radio fused power line.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	16890