Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2017, 07:45 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #4486
Backup camera mic not working

Looking for some suggestions on the things to check as it relates to the rear camera mic. Whenever my wife is back there, I cannot hear her (be careful what I ask for, I might get it) so always end up opening the driver window to hear her. Does the volume control on the high quality Axxera () head unit control the rear camera mic volume? Is the mic visible or is it integrated into the camera?

2015 Ford Taurus toad
schreinertms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 09:13 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
If you have the Axxerra AV614 the volume for the rear mic is controlled by the volume know when the rear camera is on and the transmission is in reverse.

If you have the Axxerra AV615 I don't have a clue. My 614 was just replaced with a 615 and the mic is always on and the volume cannot be controlled when the rear camera is being viewed. I am still trying to figure this one out. My coach was in for annual service and inspection and the dealer replaced the radio, for the third time, under my extended warranty/service. They couldn't get another 614 so they had to install a 615 this time.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 07:18 PM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Louisiana
THOR #4843
On my Axterra to adjust the mic volume I have to select the aux input screen (The one that shows 2 aux input connectors as a symbol). When yo udo it shows just a blue screen but the volume will adjust the rear microphone. Once set you can go back to the rear camera view.

Not very user friendly!