Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 11-27-2014, 12:31 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 26A
State: Florida
THOR #981
Bathroom Heat

We have a 2014 Thor Four Winds 26A and I never thought I would be concerned with heat but its cold (relatively speaking) this morning. I noticed that not much air flows out of the heater vent in the bathroom and don't know if this is by design or I have blocked flow. Just wanted to check with the experts before I start taking things apart to investigate.

Old 11-27-2014, 12:59 PM   #2

Model: Citation 29TB
State: Texas
THOR #1019
I have the same problem with my 2015 Citation 29tb. I discovered the bathroom heat duct was not connected to the furnace. Just laying in the floor near the furnace.
Old 11-27-2014, 01:33 PM   #3

Model: Four Winds 26A
State: Florida
THOR #981
Thanks JoeT - so the unconnected hose was on the outside wall. I think mine is probably connected because I do feel a small flow. Maybe a blockage that I have to check. I just wanted to make sure that this low flow was not by design and I would be chasing my tail. Thanks for the quick response.
Old 11-27-2014, 02:11 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
On my 28Z, not much air comes out of my most forward duct. This is simply because of too small of a duct running for too far of a distance.

The flexible duct they use is very air restrictive as it is not very smooth inside, so it really interrupts air flow. And some of it looks to be only about 2 1/2" in diameter, which is not going to move much air.

But its not the bathroom duct, so eventually the front of the coach will heat up.

We also take a small ceramic heater that we can also use to heat up the inside. I figure if I am at a campground, I'd rather use their electricity than my propane.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:10 PM   #5

Model: 31F
State: Georgia
THOR #631
Forced air heating and cooling systems often use a plenum where the air flow can be adjusted to each branch of the system. I doubt that Thor uses one, so all branches should receive the same flow rate of heated or cooled air. A disconnected branch or a blocked branch will have a greatly decreased air flow.
I'd look for constrictions in the hose that flows air to your bathroom. And, of course, you should always carry a small electric heater. You are paying for all of the power that is provided, so why not use it.
John
Athens, GA