Using grease is a big NO NO on electrical contact points. Pull all that apart, clean it up well (brake clean and a wire brush), re-attach and tighten well (be careful not to bust the solenoid stud out of solenoid). And if, and only if, you want to protect from corrosion, use a little paint. But that grease WILL get between contact points, cook, and become an insulator.
Dielectric grease is commonly used to protect electrical connections from corrosion.
Well - after buying two parts - one of which was a battery disconnect solenoid from the parts department at Thor - I know at least a contributing factor.
- My coach battery disconnect solenoid is contained in the panel in the left hand rear bay. It is not under the bed near the fuse box and looks nothing like Thor shipped me. Hopefully they will take the part back.
- It is not the BIM unit - this is the unit that controls the extra battery power switch from your dash if you need more battery power to start the coach. Hopefully Thor will take that part back as well.
- A definate contributing factor, and possible the problem, was my four house batteries were beyond toast!
I trusted service guy came out and help me discover the above. I had him bring four batteries with him as I knew they were going bad but did not realize how bad. Despite checking the water on Tuesday when we took them out Friday they were dry as a bone. Any large draw on them would have just been too much.
Thanks to everyone who posted and helpped me discover the problem. I'll close for now and truck on down the road.
Careful... Only two things that I know of to dry out a lead acid battery, a cracked case after freezing solid (I do not think that would be your problem) and OVERCHARGING.
So it was never mentioned what voltage you are having with your problems, please keep an eye on the voltages.