Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2018, 06:03 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 28z
State: Florida
THOR #5725
dankrall, glad you found it- where was it? I sent that pic to my RV repair guy and he still didn't get it- I paid the 80 bucks for him to come out and push the button on the side- I never knew the button was there and it couldn't be seen.

Old 08-20-2018, 02:00 AM   #22

State: California
THOR #12793
Similar issue with a 2011 Chateau Citation.

Thanks for the insights. Had a somewhat related problem this weekend on my 2011 Chateau Citation. Batteries show full charge. But the 12V disconnect switch seems to be part of the problem. All 12 systems work when generator is running (no access to shore power at the moment). As soon as I turn off the generator, no 12v anywhere, including the status/control panel. When the generator is running, the green LED on the disconnect switch is illuminated. When generator is off, no LED.

The switch has a different "feel" to it when the problem was discovered. Not sure it is the problem or a symptom. I took the panel off the access to the fuse and breakers system under the rear slideout. The wires from what appears to be one of three solenoids are the same color as the wires that are connected to the disconnect switch. There is no apparent 12v at the switch without the generator operating.

Do I replace the solenoid and the switch? Or start with the solenoid?
Old 08-20-2018, 12:48 PM   #23

State: Michigan
THOR #11113
Battery disconnect switch

Thank you all for your willingness to help. each other. We are having an issue with our 2018 four winds 31w. The switch is on constantly and we don’t hear a “clunk”. Also the batteries did not charge after the unit was plugged in. I showed this thread to my hubby and we’re going to try and search this out. He’s not one to ask so it’s up to me:-). Appreciate all the help I can get! Thanks!
Old 09-03-2018, 05:21 PM   #24

State: Oregon
THOR #12959
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazinskm View Post
Look for somthing like this! In mine it is next to my sink in bathroom. Attachment 12015Attachment 12017. That button is the breaker. It is on the opposite side of the wall from my fuse box. The solinoid is below it in a compartment next to toliet.
I have this same issue with my battery and found this switch but nothing happens when I push the button. In fact the button doesn’t even feel like a button. It just moves in and out but doesn’t click or stick or do anything. Just kinda floats there! Does that mean the switch is bad?
Old 10-22-2018, 10:57 PM   #25

Brand: Still Looking
State: California
THOR #13508
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevoDevo View Post
I have this same issue with my battery and found this switch but nothing happens when I push the button. In fact the button doesn’t even feel like a button. It just moves in and out but doesn’t click or stick or do anything. Just kinda floats there! Does that mean the switch is bad?
Ya the button has to click in and stay.
I just had this problem and replaced it.
$5 fix!
Old 11-21-2018, 03:45 PM   #26

State: Colorado
THOR #8442
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazinskm View Post
Look for somthing like this! In mine it is next to my sink in bathroom. Attachment 12015Attachment 12017. That button is the breaker. It is on the opposite side of the wall from my fuse box. The solinoid is below it in a compartment next to toliet.
I must have spent a couple of months running around with my elec tester and reading forums. The price of the new battery was nothing compared to all this time spent!! Plus...when I bought the new battery it must have tripped that switch....so...when I started running through systems and turned on the fridge that tripped it back. So...back to square one!! On my FW 5000 24 that relay (?) switch was under where the dinner table bench was with the heater. I posted your pic again as that button is so subtle. Thank-you again lazinskm! Now I can FINALLY get back to the remodel.
Old 11-21-2018, 05:16 PM   #27

Model: Four Winds 28z
State: Florida
THOR #5725
Awesome. Glad i could help
Old 07-30-2019, 09:18 PM   #28

Model: Chateau 31W
State: Texas
THOR #8463
31W Battery Disconnect Switch

I accidentally dislodged some of the wires off the back of the battery disconnect switch. I have a 31W .This switch is a triple switch with the battery disconnect, Awning and step light. Does any one know which wires go back to each pin? A picture would really help.
Old 10-02-2021, 07:48 PM   #29

State: Michigan
THOR #25014
Reset button

Thank you for posting this picture! After losing all 12 volt power, we were looking everywhere for a yellow flag sticking out near the coach batteries (as this is what many other posts in the forum said was most likely the problem). We found nothing. After scrolling through more questions, I came across your picture We have a 2017 26' Four Winds, our reset button is located beneath the rear dining seat near the converter panel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20211002_130722.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	34086