Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-17-2018, 03:40 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34b
State: Indiana
THOR #12001
Brake lights

None of the left side tail/brake/signal lights work on my 2007 Thor Hurricane 34b. I have turn and tail on right but no brake. Replaced all bulbs on left but still nothing. Any clues??

Old 06-17-2018, 01:38 PM   #2

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Just a WAG here since I am not familiar with your coach, but if it were my situation, I would start looking for a bad ground connection on the left side signals.....assuming that all bulbs use a common ground. It would be very unusual to have many bulbs fail at the same time normally. On the right side it is strange that the brake light also does not work since the grounding there seems OK (since the signals work there).....if they are two filament bulbs maybe it is just a normal burnt out bulb on the right side brake?
Old 06-17-2018, 04:04 PM   #3

THOR #12001
Thank you! I’m hoping that’s the case. When my husband replaced the bulbs on the left side he said the connections looked corroded. I know the right side brake light was working last weekend when we went camping so I’ll replace that bulb and start the troubleshooting process. Hopefully if I can replace or clean the connections on the left side that will do the trick.
Old 06-17-2018, 07:46 PM   #4

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Corrosion is a sign of water intrusion over time and could certainly result in a poor ground connection as well as poor bulb connections too. The plastic lens covers on many coaches are notorious for leaking with age, so once the corrosion is cleaned up (and hopefully you find/fix the problem as well) it would be wise to caulk around the top and sides of the lens cover(s) to keep future rain etc out ( or replace any lens gasket there may be). It might also be wise to check the right hand side for corrosion too when you check the brake bulb there. Good luck.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:21 AM   #5

THOR #12001
Thank you! It was a ground wire that had come loose. And we sanded the corrosion away. Everything work great now.