Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-30-2020, 06:24 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #6333
You are looking for a reset switch. It is very unobtrusive looking. I spent an hour on the phone with Thor looking for it in the area their diagrams had it for my model. KM24 under the coach in the step area. Nothing. After I got off the phone I was poking around under the bed next to the breaker box. I touched something and heard a click. Could not even tell what it was. Got a flashlight and started touching things in the general area until something gave. Anyway switch was working again. Search my name and you'll find pictures with explanation on this site from two years ago. Switches, shut offs, and such aren't always where Thor's diagrams indicate they should be. Patience, perseverance and dumb luck are part of the requirements of RV ownership.

Old 05-30-2020, 07:09 PM   #22

Model: 28z
State: North Carolina
THOR #7401
I have a 28z and my reset switch in in the bathroom, under the sink. This loaction is on the other side of the wall from the power panel. My batteries got VERY low and my Use/Store switch wouldn't work. One I charged batteries the switch h worked. Let's hope the battery holds a charge.
Old 05-30-2020, 07:11 PM   #23

Model: Thor four winds SF 35
State: Texas
THOR #13025
I had the same issue. After searching several days and talking to Thor (no help) I finally found the reset for the battery cutoff under the bed, next to the water tank. They can really hide them. Should have been by the batteries or the store/use switch. But no!
Old 05-30-2020, 07:12 PM   #24

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
I have a 28z and my reset switch in in the bathroom, under the sink. This loaction is on the other side of the wall from the power panel. My batteries got VERY low and my Use/Store switch wouldn't work. One I charged batteries the switch h worked. Let's hope the battery holds a charge.
that's a first for that location. i would never have thought to look there. Ever.
Old 05-30-2020, 08:00 PM   #25
Cpd

State: New Hampshire
THOR #14097
2018 thor freedom elite. Still searching for ours......
Old 05-30-2020, 10:47 PM   #26

Model: Chateau 28Z
State: Virginia
THOR #5845
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
that's a first for that location. i would never have thought to look there. Ever.
I also have a 28Z and the fuse for the radio is also in the same area.
Old 05-31-2020, 12:41 AM   #27

State: Virginia
THOR #18622
power issue

I had similar issues when I bought it home from storage. Spent days resetting brakers, cleaning battery posts, converter would not even come on to charge batteries, only 1.2 volts showing on multimeter.

Called a RV tech and he said when the batteries get that low the converter will not charge them. I removed them from the coach charged them back to 13V, took 2 days, they put them back in and all has been fine since. Converter heeps them at 13.3V, slide and awning now work. Also note the batteries only charge when the disconnect switch is on use.
Old 06-01-2020, 02:12 AM   #28

Model: Quantum WS 31
State: Indiana
THOR #8403
Look for the item circles. There is a reset button on it. I had the same issue. Press the button and mine started working. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200531_220955.jpeg
Views:	57
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	24032
Old 06-01-2020, 02:26 AM   #29

Model: Thor four winds SF 35
State: Texas
THOR #13025
The big issue was finding where mine was located. Easy to reset once I took all the covers off the bed, removed the mattress, put the slide part way in and unscrewed the access panel over the water tank. There it was! Thor couldn’t tell me where it was located or what it looked like. Searched three days!
Old 06-02-2020, 03:45 PM   #30

Model: 28z
State: North Carolina
THOR #7401
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglelen View Post
I also have a 28Z and the fuse for the radio is also in the same area.
Fuse for the radio? I didn't know there was one???? I went out and looked this am and didn't see any fuse??