Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2019, 07:31 PM   #1
FEZ

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar
State: Ohio
THOR #7381
Bedroom Furnace Duct Never Connected

I have 2017 Miramar 34.2 and turned the furnace on for the first time today and had heat out of every duct except the bedroom. Took the access off and found that Thor never hooked it up to the furnace (see photo). Any suggestions on how to thread it through the wall to furnace? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2167.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	15974  

Old 03-04-2019, 02:47 AM   #2

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #8180
Depending where you furnace is it may just connect to a heater duct hose thats likely open ended or possibly a "T". Stretch the hose out as far as it will go left or right you might get lucky and find the connection. Worst case you gotta make some holes to find it a home.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:22 AM   #3

Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
THOR #6582
Call Thor customer service, 877-855-2867 ext #2 then #1, have your VIN's last 8 digits. Tell the rep your issue and ask that it be recorded for warranty. Ask for the heating drawings, these should show how the ducts were run. While your at it, ask for the all electrical and plumbing drawings too. And the framing, roof, floor, slide-out, etc. Be nice, it goes a long way.
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:19 AM   #4
FEZ

THOR #7381
Thanks all! I have been in contact with Thor today. The problem with chasing it through the false wall is that there are wiring harnesses and multiple drain hose in the way, not going well.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:13 AM   #5

Model: Miramar 35.2
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3807
I have a 2019 Miramar 35.2. Only 1 of our ducts were connected. Found it out the same way. Ran the heat and the bedroom got very hot while the rest of the rv was cool. We took off the access panel only to see the ducts just laying in the empty space. We were able to connect up the duct for the bathroom and cut a hole out for the round register in the bedroom. We also re did the one for up in the cockpit since it was half off. That's when we found out
Thor does not glue down the flooring. We got a nice raised floor for a short time before the air pressure blew out all of the debris from inside the duct all over the front seats. Told Thor about it but never heard back from them or the dealer. We fixed it by our self. I know it should have been caught by somebody at the factory, all in all no biggie. Just bad quality control on their part.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:36 PM   #6
FEZ

THOR #7381
tj3829, oh wow! Thanks for the information. Thor is suppose to call me today and it's good have some ammo to hopefully have them correct mine at the service center.