Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2021, 06:03 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: South Dakota
THOR #23052
Bedroom radio replacement ideas?

The radio in the bedroom will no blue tooth connect. I would like to just eliminate the radio, but it would also be waiting the speakers.

Old 04-21-2021, 11:26 AM   #2

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I am considering replacing my bedroom radio with a single DIN unit like this one....

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-EN37U6...BoCbG0QAvD_BwE
Old 04-21-2021, 11:39 AM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Welcome to the forum.

A little more info about your rig such as year, and whether it is new or used may help others provide assistance. Since you are new to the forums it may also help to know if you have been RV'ing for some time or relatively new to the game.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 12:38 PM   #4

Model: Chatea 31E
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
This is a common problem on these Jenson radios. See this thread:
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8...wm1a-7570.html

I have the Jenson JM1A, and I am unable to connect via bluetooth. I have reset it per the manual and tried every other suggestion I've heard, but it never shows up on my phone as an available device when I try to pair it.

Most of the single DIN car stereos don't support A/B speakers, which is a feature I want since the A speakers are in the bedroom and the B speakers are outside. To power the outdoor speakers from the outdoor TV I need to select the AUX2 input on the Jenson, so I'd like to have a unit that has a mini AUX input on the front and another AUX input at the rear.
Old 04-21-2021, 12:53 PM   #5

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrabu View Post
This is a common problem on these Jenson radios. See this thread:
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8...wm1a-7570.html

I have the Jenson JM1A, and I am unable to connect via bluetooth. I have reset it per the manual and tried every other suggestion I've heard, but it never shows up on my phone as an available device when I try to pair it.

Most of the single DIN car stereos don't support A/B speakers, which is a feature I want since the A speakers are in the bedroom and the B speakers are outside. To power the outdoor speakers from the outdoor TV I need to select the AUX2 input on the Jenson, so I'd like to have a unit that has a mini AUX input on the front and another AUX input at the rear.

The link to the single DIN unit I posted has wiring for front and rear speakers. With the Fade adjustment you can choose to play front (outside) or rear (inside) or both. It also has an AUX input on the front.
Old 04-21-2021, 01:47 PM   #6

Model: Chateau 31L
THOR #12189
Quote:
...cut...
To power the outdoor speakers from the outdoor TV I need to select the AUX2 input on the Jenson...cut...
Can you go into a little more detail on this? I have the same radio and have always wanted to use the outside speakers for the outside TV but never saw a way to do it. Others here have stated it's not possible to use the outside speakers for the outside TV without rewiring.

I have the manual and have skimmed it for TV, television, aux and auxiliary and did not find anything that references a way to accomplish what you cite above.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Radio-Jensen_JMW1A-Manual.pdf (734.7 KB, 40 views)
Old 04-21-2021, 01:57 PM   #7

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Breeze View Post
Can you go into a little more detail on this? I have the same radio and have always wanted to use the outside speakers for the outside TV but never saw a way to do it. Others here have stated it's not possible to use the outside speakers for the outside TV without rewiring.

I have the manual and have skimmed it for TV, television, aux and auxiliary and did not find anything that references a way to accomplish what you cite above.

Thanks.
My old Outlaw was wired so the outdoor speakers could work off the TV through the radio unit in the garage. It could be tough to do if the coach was not wired that way from the factory and trying to run new wiring.

They used RCA jacks and ran them from the TV Audio Output to the Audio Input of the radio unit. Then I could use Aux B to let the TV sound play through the radio and then to the outside speakers.

My Magnitude uses a soundbar for the outside TV and I like that approach better. The sound bar has Bluetooth so we can pair our phones for music or to use the XM radio app when we are outside.
Old 04-21-2021, 02:06 PM   #8

Model: Chatea 31E
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Breeze View Post

Thanks.

I have a Chateau 31E so they are probably similar. The Jenson manual doesn't say anything about this. I don't remember where I learned it, maybe in the Thor owner's manual. But try selecting AUX2 as the source on the Jenson and see if the outside TV plays through the outside speakers (B speakers).
Old 04-21-2021, 02:11 PM   #9

Model: Chateau 31L
THOR #12189
Quote:
I have a Chateau 31E so they are probably similar. The Jenson manual doesn't say anything about this. I don't remember where I learned it, maybe in the Thor owner's manual. But try selecting AUX2 as the source on the Jenson and see if the outside TV plays through the outside speakers (B speakers).
Thanks. I'll give it a try. Nothing to lose, everything to gain.
Old 04-21-2021, 02:24 PM   #10

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
The only issue with using the outside speakers for the outside TV is that you don’t have an outside volume control

So if your phone rings, you either pause the TV or turn it off

That is, all the volume controls for the outside speakers are inside.

On the other hand, if you Bluetooth the Jensen with music (SiriusXM) from your phone, the volume control on the phone controls the volume.