Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2022, 05:32 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2022 Axis 24.3
State: Florida
THOR #26062
2022 Thor Axis or Vegas Entry Door Lock Replacement

Has anyone replaced the entry door handle/lock on a 2022 Axis or Vegas? If so, what was the replacement brand/model?

Does anyone know the manufacturer/brand/model of the existing entry door handle/lock?

I would really like to replace this lock with one that is not keyed like everyone else's.

Old 11-18-2022, 05:38 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
What makes you think it's keyed like everyone else's? It's a door lock; not a CH751 cargo area lock.

Probably made by Trimark.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 05:47 PM   #3

THOR #26062
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
What makes you think it's keyed like everyone else's? It's a door lock; not a CH751 cargo area lock.

Because the key is, in fact, a key that is a common numbered key. Granted not as common as a CH751, but still there are many folks out there with the same key.

I did check on the Trimark website, but see nothing like the entry lock on our rv.
Old 11-18-2022, 10:01 PM   #4

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
IMHO- it's a pretty slim chance that someone is going to unlock your coach with a matching key, especially if you engage both locks.

As was commented, your coach and mine share the same CH751. Still, in decades of conversations with RVers, never have I heard of a theft from bays with that lock. You can switch out those locks, but your bays are still easily opened with a screwdriver or prybar.

My previous coach was entered by breaking out the shower bubble. They found nothing to steal. Since then I have been tempted to set a bear trap under the bubble. Truth is there isn't much of value in my coach.
Old 11-18-2022, 10:52 PM   #5

THOR #26062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
IMHO- it's a pretty slim chance that someone is going to unlock your coach with a matching key, especially if you engage both locks.

As was commented, your coach and mine share the same CH751. Still, in decades of conversations with RVers, never have I heard of a theft from bays with that lock. You can switch out those locks, but your bays are still easily opened with a screwdriver or prybar.

My previous coach was entered by breaking out the shower bubble. They found nothing to steal. Since then I have been tempted to set a bear trap under the bubble. Truth is there isn't much of value in my coach.

You have definitely proven the old saying that "locks only keep honest people honest". Nevertheless, I would like to change out my door lock. My previous rigs all had remote controlled door locks and I really liked them.
Old 11-18-2022, 11:18 PM   #6

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
There's been discussion of keyless locks here. Should be easy to find with a search.

When the Trimark plunger broke on our last coach, I looked into a keyless replacement and called Trimark for a new part. For us, we couldn't justify the expense of keyless.

Get the numbers off your current lock and start shopping. There aren't many options and you'll be smart to call the companies to confirm compatibility.

If you do replace, your existing lock could likely be sold on the classified on this site.
Old 11-19-2022, 12:11 AM   #7

Model: vegas 24.1
State: Nevada
THOR #17346
we replaced our door entry last year after the lug broke and it became inoperable. we purchased the following on amazon -
RV Designer T507 Motorhome Entrance Door Lock with Built-in Deadbolt for TriMark, Regular -
it was an exact swap and is working fine. we looked at the keyless but it was not a match -
RVLock V4 Key Fob and Keyless Entry Keypad, RV/Motor Home Door Lock Accessories -

we like the key. please note we have a 24.1 and it is 2017, thus may not be what your application calls for. best wishes
Old 11-19-2022, 02:53 AM   #8

THOR #26062
Quote:
Originally Posted by galOnTheGo View Post
we replaced our door entry last year after the lug broke and it became inoperable. we purchased the following on amazon -
RV Designer T507 Motorhome Entrance Door Lock with Built-in Deadbolt for TriMark, Regular -
it was an exact swap and is working fine. we looked at the keyless but it was not a match -
RVLock V4 Key Fob and Keyless Entry Keypad, RV/Motor Home Door Lock Accessories -

we like the key. please note we have a 24.1 and it is 2017, thus may not be what your application calls for. best wishes

Thank you for the information. I checked the lock and, unfortunately it will not fit the 2022 Axis.
Old 11-23-2022, 08:58 PM   #9

THOR #7327
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post

Trimark lock with two keys, the small round key is keyed a like, cause rv dealers and service people have the key. And the larger one is keyed differently
Old 11-26-2022, 12:36 AM   #10

THOR #26062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdacosta2049 View Post
Trimark lock with two keys, the small round key is keyed a like, cause rv dealers and service people have the key. And the larger one is keyed differently

I have a single square key that works both the door lock and the deadbolt.