Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-13-2018, 02:14 AM   #21
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiramarTN View Post
Love the Chev Bolt. I put 100,000 miles on my Leaf before I traded. Big upgrade.... (opps… I am on the wrong website for this post)
LOL naah we discuss anything here and since you're the OP you can say anything you'd like LOL.

I had a Focus Electric, then a C-Max Energi (still have it until the lease runs out), now the Bolt.

JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 04:26 AM   #22

State: South Carolina
THOR #6691
Sewer gas

If you are hooked up to a camp ground sewer system, be sure to put enough slack in you sewer hose to form a "elbow" so the gas from the sewer system does not back up into our tank. When you dump, you always dump black tank first, then when you dump the gray, water will stay in the "elbow" and prevent gas back up.

Jere
Old 08-19-2018, 10:17 AM   #23

Model: 2016 Freedom Elite 28H
State: Florida
THOR #1929
I use a black tank treatment called HAPPY Camper. Great stuff. No smell from the treatment and no smell from the tank. All organic enzymes.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:50 PM   #24

Model: Thor Hurricane 29M
State: Florida
THOR #9033
My wife washes dishes in a small plastic tub instead of in the sink...we rinse off the dishes in the sink before washing of course. Assuming there are no food bits in the plastic tub, we dump in down the toilet..water, Dawn which is used to clean black water tanks and we have almost completely eliminated the stink coming up the pipe. We also don't wait for a full tank to dump...many might tell you to do this but I don't see any advantage. Use lots of water....hold that flusher down lot longer than you think you should too.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:17 PM   #25

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
we've found, in all our 85,000 miles of travel, sometimes days between dumping, while on the road, is that Dawn or similar dishwashing liquid is a very simple way to not only help 'clean' the tanks, especially as they are sloshed around while driving, but it also helps manage odors that may pop up from time to time. Most of us don't mind the 'odor' of dishwashing liquid, especially versus the other option.

I just add a few squirts at some point each day, into the toilet, and of course the gray tank already gets some as we wash dishes.
After dumping, we also run the toilet and the kitchen sink and add some right before we head out, as the roof vents and open windows, can 'vacuum' smells from the tanks if the p-traps have been siphoned out of water when the dumping happens. The filling of the p-traps in each drain after dumping is a great way to minimize smells. Sometimes we don't realize the amount of water being dumped, which can quite easily vacuum the small amount of water in the p-traps in a quick second.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote