Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2020, 09:53 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #19030
Blm box

How do you open the BLM Box under the hood on a 2017 Thor Ace 30.1?

Old 06-02-2020, 10:12 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
What is/are you calling a "BLM box"?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 03:54 PM   #3

THOR #19030
Blm box

I think it is the fuse box under the hood. I have problems with power to my dash - radio, DC connections, computer outlets and I read to check the BLM under the hood for fuses. Also, I checked under the driver's side but I can't open the fuse box because the radio speaker prevents the door from opening. One thing after another...

Thanks for any help you can give me because I am definitely a novice when it comes to things like this.
Old 06-05-2020, 04:50 PM   #4

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
My question is:
What will you do in there once you get the lid off?

100 well placed dollars at any stereo install store will likely cure all of your problems.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 05:12 PM   #5

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Jann you posted previously asking about the PDB (Power Distribution Box) under the hood I think....how to open to check for a blown fuse on your dash cigar lighter outlets. Maybe your PDB is different than mine, but there is one plastic latch at the bottom right side you have to lift up to release and then just swing open the PDB door exposes the fuses. The cigar outlets are fuse 22 (20amp). Reattached my picture from a previous post.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Only One Clip Releases the Lid.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	24081  
Old 06-06-2020, 12:20 AM   #6

THOR #19030
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
Jann you posted previously asking about the PDB (Power Distribution Box) under the hood I think....how to open to check for a blown fuse on your dash cigar lighter outlets. Maybe your PDB is different than mine, but there is one plastic latch at the bottom right side you have to lift up to release and then just swing open the PDB door exposes the fuses. The cigar outlets are fuse 22 (20amp). Reattached my picture from a previous post.
I can’t find any latch on the bottom right corner and my box looks like yours. I tried attaching a picture but it’s asking for a URL where my picture is and it’s on my iPhone. You’re probably right about going to a stereo install store!
Old 06-06-2020, 01:17 PM   #7

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
No problem Jann. Sometimes working on RV systems is very awkward and not easy to find and access devices for any of us. If your Power Dist Box has arrows on it like those shown in my picture.....it should point to where the release latch is.

It might be safer for you to call a mobile RV Tech service and have someone come to your location and help you out. It is worth the cost to resolve your issues and do no more damage to you or the coach. Sit back, make a call and have a coffee.
Old 06-10-2020, 07:54 PM   #8

THOR #19030
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
Thank you I finally got it open!!!! Now to find the fuse. The Thor manual refers to a BCC Fuse Panel but this Power Dist Box doesn't look anything like it. Also, they refer to one under the driver's side but I can't access that because the speaker is over the box - unless I remove the speaker. Lordy Lordy...why me???
Old 06-10-2020, 08:35 PM   #9
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jann View Post
Thank you I finally got it open!!!! Now to find the fuse. The Thor manual refers to a BCC Fuse Panel but this Power Dist Box doesn't look anything like it. Also, they refer to one under the driver's side but I can't access that because the speaker is over the box - unless I remove the speaker. Lordy Lordy...why me???
The fuse box you have opened is for Ford OEM fuses; it is not the BCC box and I doubt you have a BCC - you probably have a BIM.

On my 2016 ACE all my speakers are in the ceiling. Did you buy this coach new or used? Could the previous owner have installed this speaker over the Thos installed fuse panel near your driver's left foot? Take a picture of it.

What are you trying to fix anyway?
Old 06-10-2020, 09:05 PM   #10

THOR #19030
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
My question is:
What will you do in there once you get the lid off?

100 well placed dollars at any stereo install store will likely cure all of your problems.
You're right...have no idea what to do once I got the box open because it doesn't look like any fuse box in the Thor manual. LOL
Old 06-10-2020, 09:56 PM   #11

THOR #19030
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
The fuse box you have opened is for Ford OEM fuses; it is not the BCC box and I doubt you have a BCC - you probably have a BIM.

On my 2016 ACE all my speakers are in the ceiling. Did you buy this coach new or used? Could the previous owner have installed this speaker over the Thos installed fuse panel near your driver's left foot? Take a picture of it.

What are you trying to fix anyway?
I bought this Thor Ace 30.1 new. The Axera radio with my backup cameras has no power. Also, the DC connections have no power on the dash. This ACE has a computer setup on the passenger side and the DC and AC outlets have no power. I researched everything I could because we are up in the mountains in NC and not near any kind of service Techs. Came down to it may be a fuse...at this point God knows.
Old 06-10-2020, 10:12 PM   #12

Model: Hurricane 32N
State: Tennessee
THOR #18316
To post a picture I don't use the "insert image" button. I use the paperclip icon and it allows you to find your file and then make sure to hit the "upload button". As mentioned before, my 20 amp cig lighter fuse was blown and found in that box. You probably know, but you're 110V outlet won't work unless you are on shore power or running the generator. There are also a couple of reset-able breakers that you can also check but I can't tell you where they are on your coach. Usually one near or even behind the coach battery.
Old 06-10-2020, 10:52 PM   #13

THOR #19030
When I select Reply it doesn't show the paper clip icon...that's what I have always used to attach pictures. It only has the "Insert Image" icon, which after google showed me how to get the URL I tried. Picture ended up in the middle of my reply....
Old 06-11-2020, 12:13 AM   #14

Model: Hurricane 32N
State: Tennessee
THOR #18316
I'm fairly new, but the only thing I would suggest is to make sure you are signed in and see if the paperclip icon shows up. When I follow the link from an email, it doesn't show up for me either.

I'm not much help on electrical troubleshooting, but trying to keep the thread going for you and maybe someone will chime in. Does all of the other 12V devices in the coach work other than the dash outlets? If so, you are probably on the right track looking at fuses either in the engine bay or under the dash.
Old 06-11-2020, 12:46 AM   #15
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
When I select Reply it doesn't show the paper clip icon...that's what I have always used to attach pictures. It only has the "Insert Image" icon, which after google showed me how to get the URL I tried. Picture ended up in the middle of my reply....
Click the "Go Advanced" button to see all the available icons. Your picture is too small to be useful, it's only a thumbnail.

The radio/cameras/12 VDC power outlet at the desk are all house DC loads. They will not be powered from the Ford fuse box, they're probably fused from the Thor box by your speaker.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:25 AM   #16

Model: ACE 30.4
State: West Virginia
THOR #8716
On our 17 ACE 30.4, the speaker makes it difficult to open the panel door, some bending and pushing is required. Now that I have it open, it will stay that way. Not sure about your ACE but on ours, there is another fuse panel above the one by the speaker. It has several fuses that control the accessories.
Old 06-11-2020, 06:18 PM   #17

THOR #19030
Axera Radio no Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Click the "Go Advanced" button to see all the available icons. Your picture is too small to be useful, it's only a thumbnail.

The radio/cameras/12 VDC power outlet at the desk are all house DC loads. They will not be powered from the Ford fuse box, they're probably fused from the Thor box by your speaker.
Finally got the fuse box open by removing the speaker!! No fuse for radio. After a week of searching and removing and doing everything under the sun...there is a pin hole button by the AUX plug on the Axera radio, which is a RESET button!!! Weeks of frustration. It now works!

BUT I still don't know where the radio and camera fuses are in this RV! 2 Fuse boxes by driver's side and fuse box under bed but nothing indicates radio??? Another day I guess.
Old 06-11-2020, 06:31 PM   #18
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:

Finally got the fuse box open by removing the speaker!! No fuse for radio. After a week of searching and removing and doing everything under the sun...there is a pin hole button by the AUX plug on the Axera radio, which is a RESET button!!! Weeks of frustration. It now works!

BUT I still don't know where the radio and camera fuses are in this RV! 2 Fuse boxes by driver's side and fuse box under bed but nothing indicates radio??? Another day I guess.
A common problem with an easy fix that dozens of people have found the answer to on this forum by stating the problem (I can't turn my radio on) and asking for help.

You made it more difficult by asking about a "BLM" box and stating in post # 11 that "radio with my backup cameras has no power. Also, the DC connections have no power on the dash. This ACE has a computer setup on the passenger side and the DC and AC outlets have no power. " so we assumed you had actually put a meter to these things and determined you had no power. Accurate descriptions of the trouble symptoms get more helpful responses.

So now you got the radio working, what about the other outlets?