Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2020, 12:32 AM   #1
Mag

Brand: Still Looking
Model: 5
State: Ontario
THOR #16132
Broken window

On our way to Florida in our 2019 27.7 Axis last Saturday, around 11:00am, a few miles south of Atlanta on the I75, my drivers side upper tinted window suddenly shattered with a "loud bang". The glass stayed intact and I was able to safety get off the HWY and tape it from both sides as not to loose the window. Gorilla tape to the rescue, I carry a roll with me. My only regret is I did not take a pic of the glass before I taped it up, hindsight....There wasn't a mark on the glass, no holes no pieces missing, nothing. Drove the rest of the way to Bradenton without issue. I contacted Thor and they simply said they don't cover glass, that would be under your insurance, and the entire window would have to be replaced, not just the piece of glass. I have contacted Lippert who supplies the glass but have not heard back. Has anyone had or heard of anything like this? Should this be covered by warranty by either Thor or LCI, I still have warranty for about a month. Don't know who else to turn to. Anyone have any ideas?

Old 02-20-2020, 01:23 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 3611
State: North Carolina
THOR #10869
Glass breakage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag View Post
On our way to Florida in our 2019 27.7 Axis last Saturday, around 11:00am, a few miles south of Atlanta on the I75, my drivers side upper tinted window suddenly shattered with a "loud bang". The glass stayed intact and I was able to safety get off the HWY and tape it from both sides as not to loose the window. Gorilla tape to the rescue, I carry a roll with me. My only regret is I did not take a pic of the glass before I taped it up, hindsight....There wasn't a mark on the glass, no holes no pieces missing, nothing. Drove the rest of the way to Bradenton without issue. I contacted Thor and they simply said they don't cover glass, that would be under your insurance, and the entire window would have to be replaced, not just the piece of glass. I have contacted Lippert who supplies the glass but have not heard back. Has anyone had or heard of anything like this? Should this be covered by warranty by either Thor or LCI, I still have warranty for about a month. Don't know who else to turn to. Anyone have any ideas?
Had the same thing happen on my 3611 slide out window on the drivers side. Called my insurance company, their glass people asked for the DOT number on the glass and were able to determine the manufacturer and hook me up with a supplier to get a replacement. Just so happens it wasDuncan Services by Lippert. I have an appointment to get it replaced next month.
Old 02-20-2020, 01:38 AM   #3
Mag

Brand: Still Looking
Model: 5
State: Ontario
THOR #16132
My insurance company has lumped my comp in with everything else so it's going to use my $$$$ deductible instead of what you used to use your comp for, glass and windshields with a much lower deductible. I'll try contacting Duncan and see what they say. Thanks