Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2021, 09:20 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Decal white missing ?

I leaned a chair and rubbed off a small round spot on the white decal..any touch up or solution?
Thanks Wise ones..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210805_151655.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	32571  

Old 08-05-2021, 09:45 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
I leaned a chair and rubbed off a small round spot on the white decal..any touch up or solution?
Thanks Wise ones..
I would leave it alone, but if I was determined to do something, I would go to a local decal shop and have them match up something with the red color on other RV decals and make a short spiral stripe pattern of sorts that blend to stop at both logical rail end points. Looks like it would only be about 6" long? Nothing fancy but something they could prolly make out of scrap decal laying around. Go to same people who can make custom decals for a boat. They are amazingly good and cheap relatively speaking.

BTW, I see those water droplets on the side of your RV, that is not the proper beading action I would expect to see. Quick... before the Thread Police sees; it is time for a good wax job
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Thread Police.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	32573  
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 10:03 PM   #3

THOR #13058
What a after rain finish should look like

So I go outside and make a rain shower with water hose to illustrate what a wet finish on the side of a RV should like.

This RV is 2 years old, stored outside, exposed to sun, tree, leaves, and bird poop dropping. Decals treated every other month with 303 Protectant. Pure RV / Marine Wax twice a year.

Btw, it will dry spot free
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20210805_165456.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	205.7 KB
ID:	32574  
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 08-05-2021, 10:54 PM   #4

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
I’d probably get some white touch up paint at AutoZone or similar. Choose a shade of white as close as possible to what you’ve got. Or depending on where the damage is I might see about putting a personalized sticker over the spot. A flag maybe or something related to a hobby or favorite campground.
Old 08-05-2021, 11:58 PM   #5

Model: Hurricane 29M
THOR #11781
You ever see that one Pixar movie Cars? In one of the episodes they turned Mater into a secret agent. Well, he has a lot of dents they want to remove to make the cloaking suit work better. He tells them that dents and dings are his way of remembering fun times with his friends and they can't fix them up. That is how I feel about boo boos on my coach, permanent memories of fun trips.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 11:58 PM   #6

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
It is 1/2 inch. Will try dab of white caulking..I just washed and it does dry spot free. Used 303 a month ago and may do full 303 again tomorrow thx
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 02:15 AM   #7

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Okay dk... You know how I'm addicted to this ceramic spray stuff... here's another one that got rave reviews. It's going on mine as a test after the Turtle Wax stuff wears off...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084F4DC92...ing=UTF8&psc=1

I may get industrious and use their synthetic clay first...
Old 08-06-2021, 02:59 AM   #8

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
Okay dk... You know how I'm addicted to this ceramic spray stuff... here's another one that got rave reviews. It's going on mine as a test after the Turtle Wax stuff wears off...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084F4DC92...ing=UTF8&psc=1

I may get industrious and use their synthetic clay first...
All the things you are looking at is good stuff. So many variables on what to use and when to use etc. I don't use or need clay because my finishes on autos or auto never get to the point where it does anything of substance.

The new 3 n 1 stuff in your link is really a detailing spray. I actually bought the Turtle Wax Hybrid Solution 3 n 1 detailing ceramic spray when I bought the Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Turtle-Wa...s_cri_entp_e_n I was trying to get over $25 to get free shipping from Amazon. I get them both tomorrow.

I am not sure how I will use them yet, I have plenty of things to clean so I will find something My hope is that I can use the Ceramic Spray on the roof. I may treat a 2' x 2' area and leave it for few months to see what happens. I may use the 3 n 1 on my boat's bottom to see how that goes. I may also use on all of my wheels just to get comfy with it.

To keep it simple all of my wax products are made by Meguiars or Turtle Wax. Well most anyway because I do have 303 Protectant & RV Wash & Wax
Old 08-06-2021, 03:21 AM   #9

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Have you ever tried the ceramic spray on glass? If not, anything other than Rain-X?
Old 08-06-2021, 03:54 AM   #10

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
Have you ever tried the ceramic spray on glass? If not, anything other than Rain-X?
No. I have never used a Ceramic on anything. I am trying the Ceramic products as you posted a very intriguing video. I figure it is worth a shot? I have Rain X, Glass Cleaners etc that I use on glass, but most of the time I just use the RV Wash & Wax and dry the glass with towel. Nothing fancy.