Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2022, 05:59 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Maryland
THOR #25742
BMPro Controller

Controller screen in 2022 Rize flashes BMPro Android over and over have tried everything I can imagine. Just got back from cross country trip and was perfect the whole way. Sat a few weeks and now just flashes. Until I can sort this out with dealer was wondering if there is a work around. No lights, gen or climate without it.

Old 11-25-2022, 08:31 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Do yoy mean BMPro? If it says PMPro then you probably have more than one LCD/LED segment out or bigger problems.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 09:00 PM   #3

THOR #25742
BMPro Controller

Yes....I did intend to say BMPro
Old 11-25-2022, 09:01 PM   #4
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Fixed for you.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 02:52 AM   #5

State: Arizona
THOR #24430
If you paired a phone or pad, you can use the RV Master app to control everything until you get a new pad. I’m waiting on a new one for my Tellaro. Good luck.
Old 11-30-2022, 12:23 PM   #6

THOR #25742
BMPro Controller

I had never connected my phone, actually was not aware that was a possibility as no literature came with my Rize about the control. I did learn of it in my research but by then the option was closed as the control would not function and could not pair. It is all moot now as Thor overnighted me a new controller and all is well now and I am back in biz and paired with my phone. Thanks all!
Old 12-03-2022, 07:21 PM   #7

Model: 2021 Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #23587
The BMPro tablet has a two-year warranty. Depending on whom you talk to at Thor, you can get the run-around ("You have to get an RMA from BMPro first" but BMPro doesn't return your calls).

Best advice is to email warrantysupport@tmcrv.com. That got it done for me.
Old 12-04-2022, 12:07 PM   #8

THOR #25742
BMPro controloller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philo Gemstone View Post
The BMPro tablet has a two-year warranty. Depending on whom you talk to at Thor, you can get the run-around ("You have to get an RMA from BMPro first" but BMPro doesn't return your calls).

Best advice is to email warrantysupport@tmcrv.com. That got it done for me.
Kirsten at the customer service number got me another controller overnighted with no hassle or delays. I was very happy with the service response.
Old 02-03-2023, 10:44 PM   #9

Model: Rize 18M
State: California
THOR #28965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockdoc View Post
Controller screen in 2022 Rize flashes BMPro Android over and over have tried everything I can imagine. Just got back from cross country trip and was perfect the whole way. Sat a few weeks and now just flashes. Until I can sort this out with dealer was wondering if there is a work around. No lights, gen or climate without it.
You already resolved that, but just FYI, the flashing happens when the battery in the tablet used as the display goes dead.

This can happen if you leave the main switch on for extended times, which constantly charges the tablet. Li-ion batteries don't like to be at full charge all the time, so that kills their capacity, and when you let it sit the battery just dies.

I wish there was a way to charge it to say 85% max only, like some newer phones and laptops allow. This will extend the lifespan of the battery considerably.

Most folks probably turn off the main switch in their camper, and in this case it is less of a problem. I keep mine on all summer to use the roof fan to keep the inside cooler.

Anyways... here is my first post, hope it helps someone. Happened to me, so I ordered a cheap replacement battery, soldered it into the tablet, and it works like new.
Old 02-03-2023, 11:47 PM   #10

Model: Vegas 24.3
State: Alabama
THOR #25790
Same here, the tablet locked up ; Thor will replace, they sent me the replacement; currently awaiting my appointment for warranty issues with my 2022 Thor Vegas 24.3. Whatever happened to switches for vital systems?

Tags
pmpro