Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2018, 06:18 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #8876
Water pressure low on shore connections

We have a 2017 Windsport 34F. I’ve upgraded the regulator and I’ve had the same result. Using the pump and water tank we have great pressure. On shore water it’s terrible at all faucets. The screen at the inlet looks good. The tiny hose coming in seems suspect given it’s small diameter. Ideas?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	13402

Old 10-11-2018, 01:32 PM   #2

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
I am surprised there are no responses yet on this one. Has low pressure from the city water feed always been a problem or has it just started recently? The first guess would be a kinked water line inside the coach, especially if that water line runs through or near a slide which could cause a kink from moving in and out over time. Trace that city water line to wherever it connects into the main cold water line of the coach and see of you can find where it is kinked or crushed. The other issue may be if you have a manual selector valve that enables city water flow that is not in the correct position etc.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:37 PM   #3
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I was waiting to see what the potential problem areas might be...
Good luck with finding the problem; and a solution!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 03:58 PM   #4

THOR #8876
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
I am surprised there are no responses yet on this one. Has low pressure from the city water feed always been a problem or has it just started recently? The first guess would be a kinked water line inside the coach, especially if that water line runs through or near a slide which could cause a kink from moving in and out over time. Trace that city water line to wherever it connects into the main cold water line of the coach and see of you can find where it is kinked or crushed. The other issue may be if you have a manual selector valve that enables city water flow that is not in the correct position etc.
Thanks for the reply.

No manual valve. The connection does run through the slide. It appears to connect in behind the closet wall, which I will have to remove. The water heater is behind a drawer and easier to access but the problem exists with hot and cold. These cheap water connecting hoses have a tiny diameter. If I can't find any other problems I may try to find a better alternative. I may give Thor a call too to see if anyone else has reported a similar issue, though I give it about zero chance of success given my prior experience.
Old 10-11-2018, 04:10 PM   #5
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Let's hope that this time: it works out better!
Old 10-11-2018, 06:13 PM   #6

Model: 2016 Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #12340
That line is the same size I have in my Axis, and I have no water pressure problems. Though sometimes when we shower we turn on the pump when connected to City water just for some more pressure.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:17 PM   #7

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Arizona
THOR #2878
I had the same problem until I went to an adjustable regulator. Also, I found out my Camco Taste pure filter was plugged. Sometimes park water pressure is too low and we have had to turn on the water pump to boost pressure.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:06 PM   #8

THOR #8876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip 500 View Post
I had the same problem until I went to an adjustable regulator. Also, I found out my Camco Taste pure filter was plugged. Sometimes park water pressure is too low and we have had to turn on the water pump to boost pressure.
I tried eliminating the problems outside the RV first. I bought a new adjustable regulator and installed a brand new filter. No change. I also tested to make sure there was significant flow/pressure at the end of the hose when connected. Something is plugged up inside. Time to dig it appears.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:17 AM   #9

State: Washington
THOR #6433
I have nothing different to try from what others have already said but until you get the problem addressed why not just fill your tank and run the water pump? I drive my wife nuts sometimes because I double check everything but having the water running to the coach always worries me that some line will break when we aren’t there and flood the thing. So I just fill the tank and turn the pump on and put myself at ease.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:08 PM   #10

Model: Chateau Super C 33SW
State: Florida
THOR #10499
What is it like without the pressure regulator? My experience is all they do is restrict the flow.

I don't use a pressure regulator any more, haven't in over 10 years and haven't had any problems. The PEX piping can handle any street pressure and there is a a safety valve on the water heater if the pressure on that side gets too high.
DanChateau33SW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:42 PM   #11
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
I'm using a high-flow 50-55 psi regulator from Valtera. No problems with either pressure, or flow.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:35 PM   #12

THOR #8876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Washington View Post
I have nothing different to try from what others have already said but until you get the problem addressed why not just fill your tank and run the water pump? I drive my wife nuts sometimes because I double check everything but having the water running to the coach always worries me that some line will break when we aren’t there and flood the thing. So I just fill the tank and turn the pump on and put myself at ease.
That's what we've been doing. I just prefer not to run the pump due to the noise. One of my future projects is to figure out why the pump makes the water lines in the wall behind the shower fixture vibrate like mad. Another build quality issue I'm sure.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:36 PM   #13

THOR #8876
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanChateau33SW View Post
What is it like without the pressure regulator? My experience is all they do is restrict the flow.

I don't use a pressure regulator any more, haven't in over 10 years and haven't had any problems. The PEX piping can handle any street pressure and there is a a safety valve on the water heater if the pressure on that side gets too high.
It's only very slightly better. I'm going to remove the closet wall sometime this weekend and see if I can find the obstruction.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:39 PM   #14

THOR #8876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
I'm using a high-flow 50-55 psi regulator from Valtera. No problems with either pressure, or flow.
I switched to the Renator M11-0660R. It's a better quality unit than the junk one I originally had (guage quit working on the third use), but it did not make an improvement.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:41 PM   #15
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by odell2115 View Post
That's what we've been doing. I just prefer not to run the pump due to the noise. One of my future projects is to figure out why the pump makes the water lines in the wall behind the shower fixture vibrate like mad. Another build quality issue I'm sure.
They're certainly not quiet; are they?
Perhaps you just need to put some foam insulation around the pipes...
Old 10-12-2018, 05:53 PM   #16

THOR #8876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
They're certainly not quiet; are they?
Perhaps you just need to put some foam insulation around the pipes...
That's the plan, however, it requires either removing the interior wall or the shower wall.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:57 PM   #17
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Definitely not for the "faint of heart"!

Good luck!