Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2019, 08:59 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #13343
Brake lights not working

We have a 2019 Thor Hurricane. Our first long trip out and after we hooked up Toad the brake lights don’t work. They had worked previously. We’re thinking it’s probably a fuse but the manuals are vague at best as to where the panels are located. I’m used to 500 page Helicopter manuals. Can’t seem to find anything online and CW has been useless. Ugh! Help!

Old 02-16-2019, 09:34 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Two fuse panels you can check:

Under the hood generally below the air cleaner intake is a fuse panel.
In the cab by the drivers left foot is a fuse panel; have to be a contorsionist to get to it or remove the drivers chair.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:10 PM   #3

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Ohio
THOR #989
If it is just the toad brake lights the fuse you are looking for is probably in the panel to the left of your steering column. In our 2015 Windsport a 20amp fuse in position 22 was blown and caused us problems. Since it's so hard to get to that panel I use needle nose pliers that are about 12" long to help. To add to the problem the fuse block in our mh is mounted up side down?? I think I got the best information about the fuses from the FORD manual. Good luck.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:49 PM   #4

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingt555 View Post
We have a 2019 Thor Hurricane. Our first long trip out and after we hooked up Toad the brake lights don’t work. They had worked previously. We’re thinking it’s probably a fuse but the manuals are vague at best as to where the panels are located. I’m used to 500 page Helicopter manuals. Can’t seem to find anything online and CW has been useless. Ugh! Help!
Yeah, I liked the '500' manuals that Mickey D put out for aircraft. Then again the books they sold in the auto repair shops were good for schematics too.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:24 AM   #5

State: Missouri
THOR #13343
Good news! We found the panel box. It’s under a panel on the drivers side dash with two screws. Not bad. Guess maybe they listened to people. And yes, replaced number 12 and we have keep lights. Thanks everyone!