Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2019, 11:46 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davie200 View Post
Thor called me and asked what assistance they could help me with. They called the dealer and I got a call with a detailed of what needed to be done. Unfortunately the dealer is at the mercy of a motorhome window repair facility as that's beyond there scope to fix. Warranty now has to approve repair work.
Davie, we went through the exact same thing at this time last year. The windshield repair tech had to be scheduled in to do the work at the dealer's facility. I called Thor, as suggested by the service manager at the dealer and they approved the work immediately. The windshield was removed, seal replaced, windshield reinstalled and hasn't leaked since.

pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 07:16 PM   #22

State: Michigan
THOR #2724
2020 water leaks

As the owner of a 2015 challenger gt, I very familiar with windshield water leaks. After 7 repairs, including a trip to the warranty center in Wakrusa, the leak has slowed to a few drops in a storm, but still agitating as hell. In wakarusa, the windshield was removed and reinstalled, we were informed that the glass was ready to fall out due to lack of sealant. I agree that the quality of these units leaves something to be desired. Having toured the plant during our stay at the warranty center, i can see the reason for the issues. As a first time RV owner, I and the wife fell in love with the features, and bells and whistles, but are disappointed in the quality. Every trip is an adventure. And yes, the 90 day warranty is a real thing.
Old 08-03-2019, 08:12 PM   #23

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mart16244 View Post
As the owner of a 2015 challenger gt, I very familiar with windshield water leaks. After 7 repairs, including a trip to the warranty center in Wakrusa, the leak has slowed to a few drops in a storm, but still agitating as hell. In wakarusa, the windshield was removed and reinstalled, we were informed that the glass was ready to fall out due to lack of sealant. I agree that the quality of these units leaves something to be desired. Having toured the plant during our stay at the warranty center, i can see the reason for the issues. As a first time RV owner, I and the wife fell in love with the features, and bells and whistles, but are disappointed in the quality. Every trip is an adventure. And yes, the 90 day warranty is a real thing.
Has anyone seen a Thor coach without the rubber seal around the windshield?

I saw one and first thought was that it was neat because there was no rubber around the perimeter to shrink or fade. I was casually asking Thor about it and they didn't know what I was talking about. They said ALL of their Class A including the $300k and up units have the rubber seals around windshield perimeter. Well since I had pictures of at least 1 brand new 2019, I was able to prove that something didn't jive. After research, Thor said for the coach in question they found records from dealer that the rubber seal didn't fit properly or had issues. Long story short the dealer replaced the rubber seal with as far as I can tell no rubber seal but sealant? There are no links to my knowledge, I don't own the unit. It does look nice without the rubber seal, but what would anyone of you recommend I do? This coach is high on our list short about $4k. Sounded like Thor would not warranty the windshield because it was a dealer repair? It doesn't make sense to me.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 11:08 PM   #24

Model: VEGAS 27.7
State: Florida
THOR #14226
I had the exact leak in the exact location on our 2018 27.1 Vegas.
The Lord blesses the stupid. We were headed to the dealer to try to have our leak fixed. A rock hit the windshield and now we were going to have to have it replaced.
When the company that was assigned to replace the windshield by my insurance company came out. I told him the story. Well he found the leak.
at the top where they start and finish with the sealant there was and I suspect on yours as well was a gap.
The glass company stated that where the gap was located you can't apply enough sealant after the fact and ever get the water to stop. Water gets into the gasket and travels around until it weeps out at the bottom so when water does as it is suppose to, travel around it will get to the gap and continue pour into your unit. So you need the windshield removed and properly sealed and reinstalled or pray that the Lord does for you what he did for me.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:02 PM   #25

State: Pennsylvania
THOR #15962
Well here it is the 30th of August. Summer all most gone. I hot to use my new home twice. Had to pull it out of maintenance for couple days as family in town. I then returned it back to them on the 10th. I've called them regularly with updates. Here's what's happening. Need to get an estimate from glass shop for repairs to send to warranty department. Ok how long. Takes couple days to get an appointment. Ok. More than a couple as there busy. Finally after a week got estimate, don't know what it was, they set it off to Thor for approval. Thor denies that fix tells them to fix it this way. The fax them what to do. I don't know what that fix is. That was monday the 26th, service said it's in the bay getting worked on. Well as of now I don't know what's happening. Service as most places is hard to get a hold of. You basically have to be at the counter to get any answers. Guess road trip in my future.
Old 08-30-2019, 02:39 PM   #26

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
...as for this question about a '90 day warranty...', if you read the aforementioned topic, you'll actually see that this is applicable ONLY to "any further sealant maintenance", not whether a claim for warranty will be denied after 90 days.
The coach has a one year warranty, period. The 90 day 'period' mentioned is only spelled out to show that owner that Thor, or their dealer, is not responsible to continue to 'maintain' the sealant after that time, but the owner is then responsible.
It also doesn't say or mean that just because the owner does not, that the factory is then not liable for damages caused by the lack of, or incorrect application, or the sealant's own lack of protection, after those 90 days.

None of this says that damage due to seals or sealant during the first year would not be covered by warranty, only the effort and cost of 'maintenance' of these seals and sealant, itself.
For example, if you go on your roof and find that it looks like the factory missed some sealant around your bathroom's vent, Thor, or your Thor dealer, would then repair/replace that sealant during the first 90 days of ownership. After that time, though, you, the owner, would do it on your own, if you choose to, or pay someone to do it, otherwise.

It does not, though, say that damage due to seals or sealant incorrectly applied at the factory, or missed at the factory, would not be covered by your warranty.
Old 08-30-2019, 02:53 PM   #27
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Have you considered calling Thor, and setting up a repair date in Wakarusa?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 03:36 PM   #28

THOR #15962
I've been talking to Thor. The idea of taking it there hasn't been addressed yet. I'm thinking that might be the solution. Called dealer first thing left message almost noon and no call back. Big weekend coming up, I don't camp on this holiday anyways, but would be nice to have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Have you considered calling Thor, and setting up a repair date in Wakarusa?
Old 08-30-2019, 03:57 PM   #29
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Good luck, and I hope that this can all be solved to your complete satisfaction.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:51 PM   #30

THOR #15962
Still waiting for window repair. Now on hold for their RV show. So I pulled out of their shop so I can use it before summer is totally gone. Next available time to repair is the 7th of October. Now on ti next issue which I thought wouldn't be an issue to repair under warranty. When I picked up the home it was empty. Only there fluids were in it. Driving down the freeway it would pull to the right. I told the dealer thus and they said they don't work on steering as its the chassis work. Ok. Called Freightliner they said it's a coach problem because of the weight on it???? Ok. I know that could happen but it wouldn't pull that much. I mean as soon as you release the pressure on the steering wheel it swerves to the right immediately. So as it stands nobody wants to take care of it. I have to. Good GRIEF I'm at a loss for words on what the heck. I didn't break it. Knew when it happened should of took immediately back to the dealer that day and said nope want a different home. Maybe its not to late. I do live in a lemon law state. Haha Haha
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190910_100025.jpeg
Views:	68
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	20205
Old 09-10-2019, 09:34 PM   #31

Model: Hurricane 29M
THOR #11781
A front end alignment is the owners responsibility.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:03 PM   #32
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
I agree...
If it's not going where you're trying to point it: there are countless alignment shops that can help you out.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:52 PM   #33

THOR #15962
So if your brand new car veers to the right you wouldn't expect the dealer to fix it. Insane. Every car I owned if it wasn't right in the first year not to mention a day they fixed it. Once again getting screwed my RV manufacturers.
Quote:
I agree...
If it's not going where you're trying to point it: there are countless alignment shops that can help you out.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:54 PM   #34

THOR #15962
Sad sad sad. It should not be if it didn't work first time. Hell let's just act like it's a new house you bought. Oh wait they fix problems if its newly built. How stupid of a comment it's my responsibility well yeah if I had it for a year or more but not new. Pretty stupid.
Quote:
I agree...
Old 09-10-2019, 10:55 PM   #35

THOR #15962
Time to get a lawyer I'm done with this shit
Quote:
Sad sad sad. It should not be if it didn't work first time. Hell let's just act like it's a new house you bought. Oh wait they fix problems if its newly built. How stupid of a comment it's my responsibility well yeah if I had it for a year or more but not new. Pretty stupid.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:38 PM   #36

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
It’s not a car. It’s not a house. It’s an RV and RVs are what they are. It IS your responsibility whether you think it should be or not. If you can’t live in their world you probably shouldn’t have one. You’ll spend a lot more on lawyer fees than you’ll lose by just selling the RV. And you probably won’t win anyway. Most lemon laws don’t cover RVs and you’d need to prove that your experience was different from everyone else’s and that you were intentionally harmed. It’s a high bar. But good luck with whatever route you choose. RVs should make you happy, not angry!
Old 09-11-2019, 06:59 PM   #37

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
Quote:
So if your brand new car veers to the right you wouldn't expect the dealer to fix it. Insane. Every car I owned if it wasn't right in the first year not to mention a day they fixed it. Once again getting screwed my RV manufacturers.
Most car/truck dealers cannot align the 1 ton dually pickups that they sell. To align a Class A MH required a pit and aboue $11,000 of specialized equipment as well as a trained operator. Only the very large RV dealers or chassis manufactures have such a facility. A commercial truck repair facility usually has an aliment pit for class 6 and 7 trucks which can handle most class A RVs.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:52 PM   #38

THOR #15962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
It’s not a car. It’s not a house. It’s an RV and RVs are what they are. It IS your responsibility whether you think it should be or not. If you can’t live in their world you probably shouldn’t have one. You’ll spend a lot more on lawyer fees than you’ll lose by just selling the RV. And you probably won’t win anyway. Most lemon laws don’t cover RVs and you’d need to prove that your experience was different from everyone else’s and that you were intentionally harmed. It’s a high bar. But good luck with whatever route you choose. RVs should make you happy, not angry!
You sir are an ass. Go away. I've owned three fifth wheels two motorhomes this is the second one and the worst one I've had. So far. Your comments are not appropriate for a brand new one. I post on this site for proper help you are not one. I guess all the ones you owned were perfect. No problems what so ever. Peachy clean and your a happy camper good for you sir I'm glad you live in lake land. I traded in a beautiful Georgetown XL because the engine blew. Figured it was time for a upgrade to diesel. Thought cool THOR is a good product. Every effine time on out camping something goes wrong. Every frickin time. It's just wrong. Never in all my 45 years of camping have I had so many problems. Windshield leaked, water pouring out of the bottom, slide wouldn't move, rear AC quit working, fuel leaking out right refueling receptacle, which brings to point you can't refuel with truck pumps because there to big and fall out if you leave to clean windshield, pulls to the right, bed doesn't stay up and rattles, awning leaks, which leaks down to TV which has it's own seal and leaks. I've reported all this to the dealer and its supposed to have been fixed. Guess what not. So sir yeah say I don't deserve to own a home, I've saved many many years bought with cash all my other homes thus getting a diesel my dream retirement home for you to be so arrogant with a stupid response. Shame shame shame but I'm glad you haven't had my problems. By the way you must rent or bought used. Should I go on which I can as you can tell you sir have pissed me off. I'll be banned from this site shortly. So.
Old 09-11-2019, 09:07 PM   #39

Model: Hurricane 29M
THOR #11781
I feel your pain Davie on everything but the alignment and the ass comment. RVs are no longer built to impress. They are thrown together with little thought of lasting past the first year or so and we the consumers are okay with that. We must be, because we keep buying them. Every new RV I have purchased in the last 25 years has been of poorer quality that the one it replaced and like the idiot I am, I keep going back for more. Complaining on this forum helps, a little, but it appears nothing is going to make the RV industry produce an RV that every one think is worth it. .
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:41 PM   #40

THOR #15962
Sorry for the ass comment. I'm just frustrated. I vented my anger toward you. Sir I'm sorry. Like you I've bought a few and I am going to. I've thought about just trading this one in for that perfect home. There out there. I just thought a brand spanking new one would be hassle free. Again sorry. It's a dream of mine to see this land from the ground, I have seen it from the air and I know where I'm heading once I get this home fixed. Its getting aligned on my dime at a Fleetwood dealer near me. They said if and if its something bad beside aligned wrong it might be partially covered a big maybe. This I've done before. Sad as it is. So again I'm sorry for ass remark. I'm just upset over all. I've learned next time before signing on dotted line to test drive. Which I'll do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
I feel your pain Davie on everything but the alignment and the ass comment. RVs are no longer built to impress. They are thrown together with little thought of lasting past the first year or so and we the consumers are okay with that. We must be, because we keep buying them. Every new RV I have purchased in the last 25 years has been of poorer quality that the one it replaced and like the idiot I am, I keep going back for more. Complaining on this forum helps, a little, but it appears nothing is going to make the RV industry produce an RV that every one think is worth it. .