Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2015, 01:11 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #1439
Bulb Number

What bulbs are in the teardrop marker lights on top of the cabover?

Old 01-13-2015, 04:44 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
Thor often uses exterior lighting from a small company called "Command Electronics". This is probably what you have on your coach.

Cab Mounted Tear Drop Clearance Light | Command Electronics :: Manufaturers of Lighting for RV, Marine, & Trailers

You can call or e-mail them for the proper bulb number.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:35 PM   #3

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
I have photos, but can't see a number on them. If yours are impossible to reach, and you need to know urgently, send me an instant message. I have spares in my garage at home and can look this evening.

I don't know if this will work, but I'll try to post an image here

I had problems with these fixtures. The foam gasket material was deformed from heat so they leaked. the dealer made their attempt at fixing it, which I'm pretty sure entailed sending a 6 year old up there with a silicone caulk gun. So anyway, i ended up getting replacement fixtures from Thor under warranty and replacing them all myself. I'm on the hunt though, for better fixtures and I'll swap them out some day. The teardrop lens fits down into a lip that forms sort of a bowl, so that water has no choice but to do battle with the gasket. Just a bad design all around..... I saved the old fixtures and bulbs, so that's why I have easy access to them.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:50 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
I have the same issues with these fixtures. I don't think Command Electronics makes anything that does not leak (in addition to my tail lights that leaked - made by the same company).

And yes, I have goops of sealant on the mounting screw on several of my fixtures. It is a repair on the back shelf that I need to fix at some point (but they are working now).

The options as I see it are either to replace the fixtures or replace the bulbs with LED versions and permanently seal them.