Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2017, 11:51 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #8024
2016 Thor Vegas 24.1

Hello, I have a thor vegas 24.1 and the other day i turned the water pump on to run water and water came out from behind the panel where the shower line is, it is between the faucet and the base of the shower. Can anyone tell me how to access this are w/o tearing up the shower surround? It leaks into the shower bowl, under the shower bowl and behind the shower and runs around the bath area down the hall. thank you for your help in advance! Lydia

Old 06-25-2017, 12:02 AM   #2

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Sounds like a leaking shower faucet, fairly easy to disassemble and fix, probably an O ring gone bad. You should be able to get parts at Lowes.
Old 06-25-2017, 02:30 PM   #3

THOR #8024
thor vegas 2016 24.1

we were able to unscrew the screws around the faucets but it is below there, it's not leaking at the faucets. It's between the faucets and the base of the shower and we're not sure how to access that area. Is there a secret to how to get to that area or do you have to destroy the shower surround to get to it?
thanks in advance! Lydia
Old 06-25-2017, 03:32 PM   #4

State: Florida
THOR #1249
There is a panel at the base of the shower you can remove with 4 screws and access the shower drain and perhaps the water supply lines also. And IIRC when I removed the outside shower panel it may give you access to the inside shower water supply lines. Also, under the driver side bunk is a panel facing the shower, when removed, may give you access to the water lines. Don't ask me how I know.
When you say the water is not leaking from the shower facets, but below there, could you be more specific on the where the water is becoming visible?
Old 06-25-2017, 04:43 PM   #5

THOR #8024
2016 thor vegas 24.1

the water is only visible running behind the shower surround into the shower pan and we can't see it running into the bedroom but it is coming around the corner on the floor from the bedroom and under the shower pan running towards the front because the motorhome is at an angle. We cannot find any access panels in the bedroom. We took off the panel at the outside and there were no visible leaks and couldn't see anything behind it. Lydia
Old 06-25-2017, 06:33 PM   #6

THOR #8024
We also took the front panel off of the shower pan and couldn't find any leaks under there. I think it is behind the shower surround between the faucetts and the base of the shower.
Old 06-25-2017, 06:42 PM   #7

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
THOR #1765
In the 24.1, the bathroom water lines run along the wall underneath the head of the beds and then down the driver's side wall to the bathroom wall. They basically follow the wall all the way around. In my first Vegas, Thor did not fasten down the pipes and I had noisy pipes when we took a shower. The dealer got behind there somehow and fastened down the pipes so we did not have any further problems. Sounds like you have a leak in one of those fittings - either where the pipes turn or at the shower connection. Might be worth a call to Thor techs to see if they can tell you how to get there.
Old 06-25-2017, 10:53 PM   #8

THOR #1249
Quote:
Originally Posted by lydialaska View Post
We also took the front panel off of the shower pan and couldn't find any leaks under there. I think it is behind the shower surround between the faucetts and the base of the shower.
Below is a pic of the faucets and the panel they are attached to in my 2015. Perhaps if yours is similar you can remove the faucet panel and access the connections to the rear of faucets. I have had leaks there also.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Shower.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	5451
Old 06-26-2017, 01:41 PM   #9

THOR #8024
thank you!
Old 07-02-2017, 02:50 PM   #10

Model: 16 Vegas 24.1 6 sp
State: Washington
THOR #3051
On my 2016 24.1 the shower faucet haad a crack between the faucet handle and shower outlet hose. I had to replace the entire faucet
Old 07-10-2017, 03:15 AM   #11

THOR #8024
Shower leak

I finally decided to call a mobile RV repair guy - and the leak was exactly where I thought it was - in between the faucet and the base of the shower, apparently it was cut by the end of a screw while being pulled in to hook it up upon mfg of the motorhome. It was sliced like a razor blade had sliced it but not all the way through. It was the hot water line, so over time, it broke through. The repairman wanted to remove the sink and the over head medicine cabinet/mirror because it was mounted on the shower surround but I talked him into considering removing the other side - nothing was mounted on it, and it worked like a charm, the shower surround was so flexible it was easy to open it up to expose the leaking line and cut it out and repair the line. thanks for all the suggestions, this was a new one for the repair guy too!