Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2022, 10:58 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #20911
Cable TV

Our campground has cable TV. We have a coaxial from campground to RV. None of the TVs have a signal. I figured out that the box that has the HDMI ports 4 out ports for the 4 TVs has no cable coming into it. Is this why we don’t have a signal? I guess I’m naive but I assumed when I plugged in the coaxial that the cable tv would he readily available to watch. Confused.

Old 02-09-2022, 11:35 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
For more specific answers the year/make/model of your RV is helpful.

After connecting the cable outside you must do 2 other things:

Turn off the power injector to the OTA antenna.
Set each TV to "CABLE" in the input menu and scan for channels just like you do for antenna TV.

The HDMI selector has nothing to do with OTA antenna or cable TV.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 12:18 AM   #3

THOR #20911
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post

Set each TV to "CABLE" in the input menu and scan for channels just like you do for antenna TV.

Thank you so much for responding. We have a 2020 Thor Palazzo 37.4. I will try your ideas! Thanks again!
Old 02-10-2022, 12:31 AM   #4

THOR #20911
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post

I can’t seem to find where to turn off the OTA antenna
Old 02-10-2022, 12:33 AM   #5

THOR #20911
I can’t seem to find how to turn the OTA off. When I go to the tv menu I can see an icon for channels and a pic of a satellite, but it skips right over it. Won’t let me go there.
Old 02-10-2022, 02:30 AM   #6
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by MELLEN View Post
I can’t seem to find how to turn the OTA off. When I go to the tv menu I can see an icon for channels and a pic of a satellite, but it skips right over it. Won’t let me go there.
If you have the Winegard Connect it is probably associated with it as it contains your OTA antenna.
Old 02-10-2022, 08:30 PM   #7

Brand: Keystone
Model: Montana HC 375FL 5th whee
State: Indiana
THOR #25836
Your over the air antenna system has a power booster on it somewhere. It may be built into the system and it may be a button you have to push where you connect the television coax to the wall (it would be at the wall). It has nothing to do with your actual television. This power booster must be turned off or bypassed. Not knowing what kind of system you have in your camper, I cannot help you there. But I do know the "booster" has to be off or in a by-pass setting and then the campground cable will pass on through to your television.

THEN you need to rescan your television for Cable.

The other alternative is to just stick the coax cable through a window and hook it directly to the back of the television.
Old 02-24-2022, 07:44 AM   #8

Model: Windsport 31s
THOR #19594
Quote:
Originally Posted by MELLEN View Post
Our campground has cable TV. We have a coaxial from campground to RV. None of the TVs have a signal. I figured out that the box that has the HDMI ports 4 out ports for the 4 TVs has no cable coming into it. Is this why we don’t have a signal? I guess I’m naive but I assumed when I plugged in the coaxial that the cable tv would he readily available to watch. Confused.

If you have the Seiki TVs that Thor puts in a lot of their coaches and the campground has QAM digital cable it isn't going to work. The Seikis do not support QAM. We first ran into this in California last year, spent some time trying to find a QAM converter and finally gave up and replaced all the TVs with smart TVs. I believe just about all of them support QAM.

We also put in a Winegard WIFI extender and set up all our TVs and wifi devices through that. It really simplifies Internet access from campground to campground. We stream TV where WIFI Internet is strong and the campground allows it (many don't), but we also added Verizon chip and can stream on our regular data plan where they don't. We only use cable/antenna when streaming is not allowed, and we can't get good coverage, which does happen.
Old 02-24-2022, 12:36 PM   #9
CHS

Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
THOR #22388
You need to know exactly how your system is set up.
Do yourself a favor and call Thor Tech support. They should be able to assist you with YOUR EXACT SYSTEM. Have the last 8 digits of your VIN# on hand so they can look at your exact unit.
(877) 855-2867
https://www.thormotorcoach.com/custo...rs%20remaining.
Old 02-25-2022, 12:09 AM   #10

State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
On the THOR ACE you need to push the button and turn off the green light for the antenna, this will connect the TV to the cable. It should be in the cabinet with your DVD player. its a very small push button switch..The Sales folks should have shown you this...

You have selected Cable not AIR and search channel on your TV?

Also, my first trip out, we had no cable either. I found that actually the cable inner wire had broken at the external Cable connection at the factory ugh. This was an easy fix, but needed to know this didn't violate any warranty service on the RV.
Old 02-25-2022, 12:38 AM   #11

Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
THOR #22245
look in the compartment that has the dvd player. In our Aria it is in the compartment above the drivers seat. It is on the outside wall.
Retired US Navy Corpsman HMC(SW)(FMF)
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 02:58 AM   #12

Brand: Still Looking
Model: S.O.B.
THOR #14543
Cool

It will look something like this. Some models do not have the little LED. And the RV manufacturers seem to get a kick out of hiding it in the least likely locations. Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Antenna Booster is On.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	477.5 KB
ID:	36266  
Popfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 04:46 AM   #13

State: Colorado
THOR #29916
Cable TV and winegard

Hello,
I have a 2019 thor palazzo 37.4. I just bought so excuse me for not knowing. I was just up camping at RV Park that had cable line access. I hooked cable line to RV and RV Park access. I pushed button on TV antenna and sat/ aux, I also set TV's to cable setting and did auto scan. Still could not get cable. Did I miss something else?
On a second note I have a winegard WF2-95B. The camper had no manual for this. I called winegard and they said to hook up cable I needed IMEI number. There only options to get this was in manual, which was not available, type in 10.11.12.1 in browser which did nothing when I took my laptop in camper, and pull unit off roof to look at sticker on underside. Is there somewhere else i should be typing in the 10.11.12.1? I pulled unit off roof and had a bunch of numbers except IMEI number. Anyone have any ideas? I tried to do a wifi search on my phone and laptop for the winegard however nothing shows up. Is there any way to tell of the winegard is even on? Does anyone know if there is a fuse or anything for this I need to check or turn on? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you,
Eric
Old 07-03-2023, 01:12 PM   #14
Site Team

THOR #7035
"I called winegard and they said to hook up cable I needed IMEI number."

There's some mis-communication there as the IMEI has nothing to do with cable TV - it's for Cell access.

It sounds like you did everything correct for cable TV access; there may be a loose connection somewhere. Next time run a cable straight to a TV through a window to verify good cable source.

Connecting to the web interface of the Winegard router requires you to connect to the broadcast WIFI signal first and then use the default IP address to access the GUI. BUT, the SSID, IP address, and passwords may all have been changed by a previous owner. Best to reset the system to default settings and go from there. This is where you may need the IMEI number as the default password may be tied to it.
Old 07-03-2023, 02:11 PM   #15
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yz42602 View Post
Hello,
I have a 2019 thor palazzo 37.4. I just bought so excuse me for not knowing. I was just up camping at RV Park that had cable line access. I hooked cable line to RV and RV Park access. I pushed button on TV antenna and sat/ aux, I also set TV's to cable setting and did auto scan. Still could not get cable. Did I miss something else?
On a second note I have a winegard WF2-95B. The camper had no manual for this. I called winegard and they said to hook up cable I needed IMEI number. There only options to get this was in manual, which was not available, type in 10.11.12.1 in browser which did nothing when I took my laptop in camper, and pull unit off roof to look at sticker on underside. Is there somewhere else i should be typing in the 10.11.12.1? I pulled unit off roof and had a bunch of numbers except IMEI number. Anyone have any ideas? I tried to do a wifi search on my phone and laptop for the winegard however nothing shows up. Is there any way to tell of the winegard is even on? Does anyone know if there is a fuse or anything for this I need to check or turn on? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you,
Eric
Did you read post 8 in this thread? Does the TV have a QAM tuner?
Old 07-03-2023, 04:34 PM   #16

THOR #29916
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Did you read post 8 in this thread? Does the TV have a QAM tuner?
Yes read post 8. Do not have seiki TV's they are axxera.
Old 07-03-2023, 04:36 PM   #17

THOR #29916
Does anyone know how to tell of winegard is turning on? Should this have power going to it ? When I open up wifi winegard doesn't show up. I took an electrical tester up on roof and one wire is cable line and other is red and white wire going to roof unit. No power though. I didn't see any fuses specifically for that. Thank you
Old 07-04-2023, 05:07 PM   #18

Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #16876
I have a Thor Aria with the Winegard Connect. On my coach, I had a problem with power not being supplied to the Connect unit. It turns out that on the aria, the cable you found on the roof is plugged into an outlet in my fireplace cabinet. When I got my coach, I had no power and, there was not power on switch. It is hard wired in the fireplace cabinet. So, what happened was that the mfg pulle a bit too hard on the cable when making the connection it it disconnected the plug near the fireplace. All they did was pull the cable back a bit and plugged it in.

If you do not have a switch to power it on, it is hard wired somewhere in a cabinet below the unit. You will need to look at your documentation that came with the coach, where you will find a schematic for all the connections for the entertainment units around your coach. If not, then call Thor and ask them, they will have the documentation for your coach but you will need the last 7 characters of your vin to get them to the right place.

As for the cable connection, look at where your dvr/cd/hdmi swich is located, you will find a wall plate with a coax connected to it in the center and a push button near it. push the button so that the light on the plate goes out. When you see that, your cable connection should be enabled and routed to your TV.

I hope this helps.
NG7V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 05:22 PM   #19

THOR #29916
Thank you for all the info. I will check fireplace cabinet. As far as cable button I did try that.
Thank you
Old 07-05-2023, 09:33 PM   #20

THOR #29916
Winegard WF2-95B

Hello All,
I recently bought a 2019 thor palazzo 37.4 that came with winegard attached and no manual. I can't seem to get power to the unit on the roof. The TV antenna / satellite aux switch inside has power going to it as the green light goes on and off when I push button. I have checked every fuse I could find and non are blown. I've also looked for a separate on/off switch, which I also cannot find. Does anyone know where I can pull power from for a new wire run to unit on roof? I've called winegard and they tell me to call Thor. I've called Thor and they told me they can't say where to run new power for unit because if they are wrong it could fry something. Has anyone hooked one of these up from scratch? I got on Thor owners app and looked at wire schematics which only shows a 12V outlet on passengers side front seat of coach. I've also tried calling the dealership that is the only one near me and can't get a call back. Just trying to get this power. Any help is greatly appreciated. Also, all the YouTube videos I've been able to find seem to leave out where they pulled power from.
Thank you,
Eric

Tags
cable tv, coaxial