Originally Posted by dkoldman
Does that guy look like he might be married
Yes, that was nerve wrecking last night, it kind of spoil my fun of getting new macerator. Now that I have it, I guess I should never plug it up to my sewer drain line so it will not get stuck again
, or I could hook it up loosely knowing that maybe 80% of the affluent will make it through the macerator? I will just have to clean up the other 20% in the wetbay.
For now, I have new 6 pound weight
On the bright side, I am glad it was stuck on the extender, and not the actual RV sewer pipe. My plan is to eventually get around to putting it on and off the same extender until I break it in. I will plan on using the screwdriver the 1st few times until I can twist off with my bare hands and with no tools. The good news is that when stuck; the opposite side of the clear extender easily comes off the RVs sewer drain pipe. So my worse case is that I can't get the extender off the flo pump so the flo pump will not fit in it's storage case.
You said your macerator would not fit in the wet bay . I had the same problem so I cut a hole just big enough for the motor to fit through the side of the case. Works perfectly. Later I will get a PVC cap to cover the exposed end of the motor.
I put an on off switch right next to it. I think you said something about it blowing a fuse. Mine was doing that when it locked up because of blocks of wood coming out of the sewer. As far as your connection locks are concerned you could carefually file just a little bit off of the curve of the locks. Or, your seals might be too thick. When you buy a package of seals there are several different sizes of them in the package.