Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2020, 02:50 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34J
State: Minnesota
THOR #9155
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
I actually have a 4" metal strap wrench but It would not fit over the either end of extender or jet flo pump. Had it did, I would have needed 2 like Popfla was suggesting.

The screwdriver did the trick, but I should not have to. Is this the grease you are referring to?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Danco-Greas...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

I may pick up today. I wonder if I could also use this plumbers grease on my pool o rings? I have been using teflon lubricants by magic lube and that is more costly than this silicone grease.

Thanks for making me feel better knowing I was not alone encountering this problem. Jet-flo should have little tube of grease with each new unit and instructions to use the grease the 1st few times until you confirm it can be removed on /off freely.
Yes any brand of plumbers grease will work. Any hardware or big box store will have some.
I now use it on all o-ring connections from sewer hoses to power washers.

Old 11-12-2020, 08:05 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.6
State: Texas
THOR #19026
Macerator problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Does that guy look like he might be married

Yes, that was nerve wrecking last night, it kind of spoil my fun of getting new macerator. Now that I have it, I guess I should never plug it up to my sewer drain line so it will not get stuck again , or I could hook it up loosely knowing that maybe 80% of the affluent will make it through the macerator? I will just have to clean up the other 20% in the wetbay.

For now, I have new 6 pound weight

On the bright side, I am glad it was stuck on the extender, and not the actual RV sewer pipe. My plan is to eventually get around to putting it on and off the same extender until I break it in. I will plan on using the screwdriver the 1st few times until I can twist off with my bare hands and with no tools. The good news is that when stuck; the opposite side of the clear extender easily comes off the RVs sewer drain pipe. So my worse case is that I can't get the extender off the flo pump so the flo pump will not fit in it's storage case.
You said your macerator would not fit in the wet bay . I had the same problem so I cut a hole just big enough for the motor to fit through the side of the case. Works perfectly. Later I will get a PVC cap to cover the exposed end of the motor.
I put an on off switch right next to it. I think you said something about it blowing a fuse. Mine was doing that when it locked up because of blocks of wood coming out of the sewer. As far as your connection locks are concerned you could carefually file just a little bit off of the curve of the locks. Or, your seals might be too thick. When you buy a package of seals there are several different sizes of them in the package.
Old 11-12-2020, 09:18 PM   #23

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edki45 View Post
You said your macerator would not fit in the wet bay .

No, I never said that?

I had the same problem so I cut a hole just big enough for the motor to fit through the side of the case. Works perfectly. Later I will get a PVC cap to cover the exposed end of the motor.
I put an on off switch right next to it.

I think you said something about it blowing a fuse.
No, I never said that?

Mine was doing that when it locked up because of blocks of wood coming out of the sewer. As far as your connection locks are concerned you could carefually file just a little bit off of the curve of the locks. Or, your seals might be too thick. When you buy a package of seals there are several different sizes of them in the package.
My problem was solved by post # 9 (see picture)

This problem has been solved. I got a very small flat head screwdriver and just barely pushed on the backside of one lug and then did the same on the opposite lug, move to lug 3 and & 4 and repeated. After 2nd time, I could tell the binding was breaking free. I did two more times and then got my DW and we tried again with towels and we were able to break it free with our hands
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote