Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2019, 07:31 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axes
State: Washington
THOR #13739
Can AC quit

I have a 2016 Axes. The cabin air conditioner quit working. Thor told me to take it to a Ford dealership and have them check the air conditioner out. So that’s what I did. Ford checked everything they could that is Ford’s responsibility. They found no fault in their system. Ford mechanic said it has to do with Thor side of the system. Has anybody had any problems with The cabin air conditioner not working. Ford says it has something to do with the wiring or the switch system on the dashboard. Interested in knowing other people‘s experiences.

Old 10-18-2019, 08:57 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2913 View Post
I have a 2016 Axes. The cabin air conditioner quit working. Thor told me to take it to a Ford dealership and have them check the air conditioner out. So that’s what I did. Ford checked everything they could that is Ford’s responsibility. They found no fault in their system. Ford mechanic said it has to do with Thor side of the system. Has anybody had any problems with The cabin air conditioner not working. Ford says it has something to do with the wiring or the switch system on the dashboard. Interested in knowing other people‘s experiences.
All the dash A/C is Evans Tempcon <http://www.evanstempcon.com/support_home.php> and these units were installed by Thor MC in the factory. The only part that is Ford is the compressor. Your best bet is to seek out a dedicated car and truck A/C repair place and let them trouble shoot and repair what is necessary.
Beau388 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 09:06 PM   #3

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post

All the dash A/C is Evans Tempcon <http://www.evanstempcon.com/support_home.php> and these units were installed by Thor MC in the factory. The only part that is Ford is the compressor. Your best bet is to seek out a dedicated car and truck A/C repair place and let them trouble shoot and repair what is necessary.
The best advice and information of the year.

I did a screen shot and filed the information in my rv screen shot folder.
Old 10-18-2019, 10:36 PM   #4

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Virginia
THOR #13067
If air is blowing but the little blue AC light won't come on when you push the button, lift up on the plastic inset facing ( pull one of the big knobs up) and see if that makes it kick on. That's what works for us when it gets stupid.
BYoshida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 11:25 PM   #5

Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
THOR #6582
Quote:
Originally Posted by BYoshida View Post
... Snip... lift up on the plastic inset facing ( pull one of the big knobs up) and see if that makes it kick on. That's what works for us when it gets stupid.
Are you saying that the push button might be hanging up on the plastic face?

My fresh-from-the-factory AC issue was the bozo that didn't tighten the feed wire to the fuse block that's in the lower compartment below the driver seat. We has intermittent air early in the day but none later. Same dealership response you got. The fix came from another forum user. It may not be your problem but at least log into the Thor website, owners tab, register by VIN and download ALL available shop diagrams and schematics. You can at least have a headstart for a technician. Print out what you need to.
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 11:54 AM   #6

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Virginia
THOR #13067
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnach View Post
Are you saying that the push button might be hanging up on the plastic
Something gets hung up. The button will push in and out but the AC won't actually kick on unless you nudge the facing. And it only happens once in a while. Most of the time it works as expected.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:29 PM   #7

Model: Axes
State: Washington
THOR #13739
thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post

Thank you 388 for the link. It should be very helpful. I am a very good self taught sparky so I should be able to find the power problem.