Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2016, 12:36 PM   #1

Model: 25.2 Axis
State: Arizona
THOR #3471
can't believe camping world

I took my axis to camping world Monday to have lp gas line replaced and insulation around driver and passenger windows replaced. Went in at 8 am . store was packed with RVs. This is a very large dealership. I figured it would be their a week or so. Got a call at 4 pm same day asking if I could pick up my rv job was complete. They said they needed the room. Never been so pleased. So far 2 windshields, alignment, lp hose replacement, window insulation, and replace cracked pipe at grey water exhaust. No charge all covered by Thor or warrenty. Time to hit the road again happy camper. Forgot to say I didn't buy my axis here I bought in sc.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:12 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1123
You found yourself a one in a million Camping world. Congrats and enjoy the road.
Old 07-13-2016, 01:19 PM   #3

Model: Palazzo 35.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #2831
Tell us which CW, good ones are VERY rare.
BlueOx tow system
bandorr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 02:17 PM   #4

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Ontario
THOR #2441
I take it you mean the weather stripping around the windows and not insulation. I had leaks around the passenger window and I discovered the seal was good but the screws that held the trim to the window were loose and some heads were broke off.I re-torqued/replaced (no more leaks) and I now I have to fix all the bubbles in the wall. Also the manufacture supplied seal does not seal correctly where the front fiberglass cap meets the box and I had to add an additional strip of weather stripping to have a proper seal

In addition when I did this I discovered there is no insulation at all above the overhead bed and front fiberglass cap. In the space between the fiberglass cap and the ceiling above the overhead bed it was so hot I could not touch the aluminum frame. I put R12 fiberglass up there and now the front cab is much cooler and quieter so next time they are working on any of your front side windows inquire about insulating the front cap.

Also the night shade is fastened to a piece of plywood (header covered in simulated leather). This header is only held in by three screws. It bounces around a lot (noise) . I created and installed a frame to the header and now the header is solid.

I am in my second year and I hope to have all the engineering deficiencies and poor workmanship cleaned up by this Fall.

My wife is so disgusted and discouraged that she wants to sue Thor to compensate me for many many hours and material costs required to get this coach in the condition it should have been when we first bought it.
Old 07-13-2016, 04:33 PM   #5

Model: 25.2 Axis
State: Arizona
THOR #3471
Camping World Chattanooga Tennessee
Old 08-19-2016, 06:09 AM   #6

Brand: Still Looking
State: Florida
THOR #5182
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandorr2000 View Post
Tell us which CW, good ones are VERY rare.
So true. Many bad ones.
Old 08-19-2016, 02:22 PM   #7
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Camping World, Grain Valley, MO ... east K.C. ...
a well established RV Center, before CW bought it ...
we have done business with them for years...the
name change has not affected their customer care.
This extremely CW is a good one !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 04:07 PM   #8

Brand: Still Looking
State: Florida
THOR #5182
There may be a few Camping Worlds but many bad ones. Poor workmanship and extremely slow service. They apologize very well but that doesn't help. Actually makes it worse because they acknowledge poor service but don't correct it.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:51 PM   #9

Model: ACE 29.4
State: Georgia
THOR #5040
Didnt buy my rv there, would have if they would have had the model/year i wanted, but i take my rv to camping world chattanooga for service also. Have had nothing but the BEST service there. All covered under warranty. Good people there. Huge store. Would highly recommend these folks. Quality people who do what they say when they say they will do it need to be supported. Other camping worlds are closer to me, but I go to Camping World Chattanooga.
Steve Fessler 2016 Thor Ace 29.4