Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2019, 04:21 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #4466
Captain Chair not level

The driver's captain chair in our Axis 25.2 leans to the right. It's almost as if the mount is not adjusted properly. Looking under the seat in the cockpit it appears there may be a way to adjust it by loosening the nut on the all thread in the outside driver's side storage compartment and then tightening the bolt under the chair. Presently there is a definite lean and it feels you could roll out of the seat easily on a tight left turn. It has been that way since new but now really notice it more for some reason. Anyone else experienced this?

2019 Honda Ridgeline AWD
Wonderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 09:34 AM   #2

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
THOR #9701
Yes we have the issue same on our Vegas 25.1. We did have the dealer straighten the mount as it was turned to the left when purchased and very annoying when driving. After several trips in my nopinion it is not a comfortable chair.

Not exactly sure what can be done, without replacing the entire seat!
Old 05-09-2019, 10:09 AM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Missouri
THOR #5437
There has been some post about this. It seems the way to fix the issue was to place washers between the floor and the base. I found some type of spacer (do not know what they are used for) at our local farm store. They came in a variety of thickness with a slot, that made it easy to insert between the base and floor.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:34 AM   #4

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #4466
Quote:
Originally Posted by be happy View Post
There has been some post about this. It seems the way to fix the issue was to place washers between the floor and the base. I found some type of spacer (do not know what they are used for) at our local farm store. They came in a variety of thickness with a slot, that made it easy to insert between the base and floor.
Found slotted washers at Amazon - expensive little devils - but better than falling out of the chair. Thanks for the hint. I'm thinking perhaps an oak or maple wedge put in between the bolts then cut off and washers put on the bolts and tightened up. Sounds like it will work but will probably find something else stuck in there to complicate things. Thanks again.
2019 Honda Ridgeline AWD
Wonderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 12:03 PM   #5

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Texas
THOR #12635
I have a 2018 Vegas and the Same problem. I haven't fixed it yet but spacers on the right side to tilt the base was the option I was looking at.
Good Sam Member 855452801
Sk8nmike is offline   Reply With Quote