Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2019, 07:53 PM   #1

Brand: Jayco
Model: Precept 31UL
State: Tennessee
THOR #14508
Captain's Chair Arms

Did a quick search, but didn't find anything. On our ACE 29.3 the driver's side chair's left arm is a couple inches lower than the right side, when lowered. Any advice on how to adjust? I don't see any way to access the hinge point, and I don't want to tear it up in the process!

Thanks in advance!
Mickey

Old 05-02-2019, 08:44 PM   #2

THOR #14508
Found a YouTube entry that describes how to remove the arm rest. Did that, and reinserted, but now it's worse - drops all the way until it rests on the seat. Rube Goldberg would be proud of whoever came up with this design!
Old 05-12-2019, 12:13 AM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 29M
State: Nevada
THOR #13044
Have the same issue on my Hurricane 29M.
Old 05-12-2019, 03:54 AM   #4

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.4
State: California
THOR #12011
It sounds like you may not have the arm rest slotted in the right channel in the seat. To remove the arm rest in our ACE 30.4, you rotate the arm rest until it’s pointed straight up, then push in and rotate the rest of the way aft. It should then come right out of the seat. Installation is the reverse of that.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:00 AM   #5

THOR #14508
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgsmith4845 View Post
It sounds like you may not have the arm rest slotted in the right channel in the seat. To remove the arm rest in our ACE 30.4, you rotate the arm rest until it’s pointed straight up, then push in and rotate the rest of the way aft. It should then come right out of the seat. Installation is the reverse of that.

Thanks, Tim. I was able to remove and reinstall the arm, but it didn't change. I can only see one hole/slot for it to fit, and appears to be in the right position, but is clearly lower than the other one when down. I will say that it takes quite an effort to push it in far enough for it to release for removal. Guess I'll just live with it and sit cockeyed... rather suits my personality, at any rate! (Reminds me of an old Morey Amsterdam joke.)

http://youtu.be/gpWLwp6GR9Q