Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-30-2021, 11:20 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post
I agree, Indiana is very nice. So long as you avoid Gary and Indianapolis and a few other large city's where all the "thug types" live and routinely carry out their criminal mayhem. Those city's are easy to avoid anyway because they don't have any campgrounds or anything to see, unless you're a policeman looking for criminals. Lived here almost my entire life and don't see any crime in most of the state outside petty stuff that's everywhere.

We have French Lick, Covered Bridge Festival, Amish Country, Indiana Dunes, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, several great State Parks and I highly recommend a walking day on the grounds at Notre Dame University in South Bend Indiana. The campus and history there are amazing. Tons of campgrounds.

Remember: BACK HOME AGAIN IN INDIANA!
Did they move the Indy 500 Speedway, or do you park your RV in Carmel and fly private Helicopter to hover watch when you visit

Very hard on Indianapolis, I see. Lots of nice things to do in that City and it is a very popular go to place for all types of venues and sports. Yes there are thugs in the city but tell me ONE major city without thugs? And do not say Washington DC

With all that said, stay off 38th Street (night or day)

2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 11:31 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Did they move the Indy 500 Speedway, or do you park your RV in Carmel and fly private Helicopter to hover watch when you visit

Very hard on Indianapolis, I see. Lots of nice things to do in that City and it is a very popular go to place for all types of venues and sports. Yes there are thugs in the city but tell me ONE major city without thugs? And do not say Washington DC

With all that said, stay off 38th Street (night or day)
Hey guess what? The track is actually in Speedway Indiana not Indianapolis. 😎
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 11:54 PM   #23

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post
Hey guess what? The track is actually in Speedway Indiana not Indianapolis. 😎
Show me the map or the highway you take to get to Speedway, Indiana without driving through Indianapolis, I don't think so

Also I feel sorry for the folks that perceptibly believe they can visit The Indianapolis Motor Speedway but yet avoid a very progressive and leading edge city like Indianapolis, Indiana

I guess they never get a chance to enjoy

1. The Indy Racing Experience
2. Dalara Indy Car Factory
3. Lucas Oil Stadium
4. Indianapolis Canal Walk
5. Lucas Oil Raceway
6. Victory Field and I can go on forever about Downtown

I bet there are more RVs within the city limits of Indianapolis which include Speedway Indiana during the Indy 500 than the rest of the entire state of Indiana including Ekhart.

Your statement would be akin to Jerry Jones professing to avoid Dallas in favor of all of the other nice cities in Texas when he lives in Highland Park which is right in the heart of Dallas

My goodness I am glad that the late great former Mayor William Hudnut III is not around to have read your post
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 10-01-2021, 01:45 AM   #24

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Well Chunker is SOL .... He may wish to heed your advice anyway

I didn't know you could move from Alabama to Indiana, maybe Indiana to Alabama I use to live in Indianapolis for brief period of time. I really enjoyed Indy; I am big Colts fans but most folks don't recall or remember the Colts came from Baltimore. I started liking the Baltimore Colts when they beat the Dallas Cowboys in Super Bowl down in Miami. When the Colts moved from Baltimore to Indianapolis, I may have been the only die hard Colts fan that really like the move at the time.

Good luck with getting that profile corrected. Perception wise, there is a big difference between Alabama & Indiana, but Alabama has twice as many A's as Indiana
Remember that huge "sucking noise" when the Browns flew to Baltimore? It was probably louder than when the Colts flew out of Baltimore in the middle of the night!
Old 10-01-2021, 01:57 AM   #25

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
Remember that huge "sucking noise" when the Browns flew to Baltimore? It was probably louder than when the Colts flew out of Baltimore in the middle of the night!
With Cleveland it was known, and good riddance of the owner. Cleveland kept their name and their history. But for Baltimore it was the ultimate shame, like a Thief in the Night. It was Sinister to everyone but me, who could not believe his favorite NFL team was moving to Indianapolis to play in the at the time very fancy RCA Dome

The late former Mayor William Hudnut III and the City of Indianapolis, Indiana was always one step ahead.

btw, what is Defiance, Ohio like? Sound like great place to have grown up
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mayflower Trucks.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	34035   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mayflower Trucks 1.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	34037  

Attached Images

Old 10-01-2021, 02:48 AM   #26

THOR #16721
I've been through Defiance. I always thought the name came from teenagers who refused to obey their parents?? The sister city is... Obedience. But haven't found that on the map yet.
Old 10-01-2021, 07:38 AM   #27

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
I've been through Defiance. I always thought the name came from teenagers who refused to obey their parents?? The sister city is... Obedience. But haven't found that on the map yet.
Well, I am pretty sure Obedience is NOT in the United States, nor Law, or Order. There is a city called Brotherly Love, but it may be a place for all of the Defiance people to move when they grow up?
Old 10-01-2021, 11:06 AM   #28

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
I’ve got a deterrent here in NC. A driveway alarm, camera, and a Mossberg 88.
Old 10-01-2021, 05:28 PM   #29

THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
I’ve got a deterrent here in NC. A driveway alarm, camera, and a Mossberg 88.
Hmmmm... maybe a pre-recorded series of shotgun blasts through a decently amplified speaker system?
Old 10-01-2021, 06:36 PM   #30

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Show me the map or the highway you take to get to Speedway, Indiana without driving through Indianapolis, I don't think so

Also I feel sorry for the folks that perceptibly believe they can visit The Indianapolis Motor Speedway but yet avoid a very progressive and leading edge city like Indianapolis, Indiana

I guess they never get a chance to enjoy

1. The Indy Racing Experience
2. Dalara Indy Car Factory
3. Lucas Oil Stadium
4. Indianapolis Canal Walk
5. Lucas Oil Raceway
6. Victory Field and I can go on forever about Downtown

I bet there are more RVs within the city limits of Indianapolis which include Speedway Indiana during the Indy 500 than the rest of the entire state of Indiana including Ekhart.

Your statement would be akin to Jerry Jones professing to avoid Dallas in favor of all of the other nice cities in Texas when he lives in Highland Park which is right in the heart of Dallas

My goodness I am glad that the late great former Mayor William Hudnut III is not around to have read your post
Good places to see thats for sure. Just need to exercise caution.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote