Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2018, 11:37 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.4
State: California
THOR #12011
ACE 30.4 Water tank removal

Hello everyone, New owner of a 2018 ACE 30.4. I’m wondering how to remove the fresh water tank to repair it. I have a hole in the top of the tank, just below the electrical power center under the bed. Don’t ask how I did that, I’m beating myself up pretty good right about now. 🙂 Was drilling through the floor to pull an inverter line in, not realizing the tank was a funky shape and extended into that area, and drilled right into the top of the tank. Luckily it’s the fresh water tank, right?

Anyhoo, if anyone knows how to get the water tank out I’d appreciate it.

Thank you,
Tim

Old 10-13-2018, 12:15 AM   #2

Model: Four Winds 31E (2019)
THOR #12270
how big is the hole? if its small couldn't you just like silicone over it?
Old 10-13-2018, 12:50 AM   #3

THOR #12011
Well, turns out it wasn’t that difficult to get the tank out. Had to remove the lower storage door and trim, then remove the bracket holding the tank in, reach your hands in an disconnect the fill tube and vent hose (this is where you cut the heck out of your hands reaching in) and then slide the tank out. There’s a nice little 3/8” hole in the top of mine. Will plug that tomorrow and reinstall. After taking the tank out I found the spot where all the electric cabling runs under the floor into the power center, so will run the inverter lines up through that. ����
Old 10-14-2018, 08:28 PM   #4

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Congrats on getting at your water tank.....any pictures you can share with the forum? It is always useful to see how someone got access to the inner sanctum of their coach.

I would like to modify the vent line routing on my fresh water tank (2013 ACE 30.1), but have no access to that side of the water tank. Removing the external water fill fixture would allow one end access only.
Old 10-14-2018, 10:34 PM   #5

THOR #12011
Sorry, but I didn’t take any photos.

FWIW, on our 2018 30.4 the air vent is located right next to the fill. Once I removed the storage door frame and tank support bracket, there was just enough room to tilt the tank down and reach on top of it to disconnect the vent hose and fill line.