Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2017, 01:23 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom elite 26he
State: Iowa
THOR #5830
Need check air pressure

Need to check air pressure in outside dual wheel but gauge will not work. Wondering how to remove hub cap on 2017 fe 26he to get access to valve?
Rick

Old 08-26-2017, 02:43 AM   #2

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
I have the same model. Just pry it off like an old fashioned hub cap. Or you can buy a curved or u shaped valve or valve extender. And a long valve or extender for the inside wheel. Also consider a TPMS system. I consider the latter essential kit.
Old 08-26-2017, 11:29 AM   #3

Model: Freedom elite 26he
State: Iowa
THOR #5830
Thanks Pete for reply, I was looking into tpms, concerning rvi's but they are re-designing. What brand do you use
Old 08-26-2017, 01:37 PM   #4

THOR #6826
I use a Tire Minder system. It's maybe a little harder to install than some because it has a mandatory hard wired repeater. It's only 2 wires at any 12V source so it's not much work. I don't know if the signal repeater is needed but my system has been reliable as an anvil and it gives me great peace of mind to be able to see my individual pleasures in real time. It has good agreement with my gauge. I'm a bit anal about my tires so I carry a spare (though not the tools to change it - I'll call roadside assistance if I need to use it). Also carry a tire plugging kit and a compressor. If you research TPMS systems I'd be interested to learn if you find one with a rim mounted ( i.e. Internal like cars use). The stem mounted senders are fine but I'd like to do away with them at my first tire change. Good luck.
Old 08-26-2017, 09:30 PM   #5

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
I use a Tire Minder system. It's maybe a little harder to install than some because it has a mandatory hard wired repeater. It's only 2 wires at any 12V source so it's not much work. I don't know if the signal repeater is needed but my system has been reliable as an anvil and it gives me great peace of mind to be able to see my individual pleasures in real time. It has good agreement with my gauge. I'm a bit anal about my tires so I carry a spare (though not the tools to change it - I'll call roadside assistance if I need to use it). Also carry a tire plugging kit and a compressor. If you research TPMS systems I'd be interested to learn if you find one with a rim mounted ( i.e. Internal like cars use). The stem mounted senders are fine but I'd like to do away with them at my first tire change. Good luck.
We just installed the TIREMINDER today. We showed 84 psi on air tank gauge, 80 on our mechanical truck gauge, and 77 on the TM sensor.

We inflated to the TM showing 80 psi (which is recommended cold pressure)

Are we now over inflated?
Old 08-27-2017, 03:30 AM   #6

THOR #6826
Likely. I'd trust a good mechanical gauge for setting it then use the TPMS as a reference. I.e. Set it to a known correct pressure then note AND watch the TPMS for any change. Mine is closer showing maybe 1 or 2 pounds more on the TPMS than the gauge. IMHO 1 or 2 pounds either way won't matter. It changes that much from a cool day to a hot day anyway. Good luck.
Old 08-27-2017, 03:36 AM   #7

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Likely. I'd trust a good mechanical gauge for setting it then use the TPMS as a reference. I.e. Set it to a known correct pressure then note AND watch the TPMS for any change. Mine is closer showing maybe 1 or 2 pounds more on the TPMS than the gauge. IMHO 1 or 2 pounds either way won't matter. It changes that much from a cool day to a hot day anyway. Good luck.
Thank you for your reply... Having three different readings get a little confusing.
Old 08-27-2017, 01:46 PM   #8
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
As a ciomplete newbie: I'm a biut overwhelmed by these pressure monitoring systems.
Can anyone help point me in the decent direction?

Here's the deal:
We don't have any smartphones or I-Pads.
Any system would need to have it's own display system...

Thanks!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 02:01 PM   #9

Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Ohio
THOR #8054
EEZ Tpms

Bob, we installed the EEZ system a couple of weeks ago. It was eez to set up, has its own monitor that attaches by suction. No phone or anything else needed. It does a constant check of all tires and alarms when they are out of the parameters you set.
Old 08-27-2017, 02:51 PM   #10

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
I have the TST 507 system on all 10 tires, it's worked flawlessly with no booster & user changeable batteries.
As far as air pressure, I use a good digital gauge to set the tires & as long as the monitor is close it's good enough. You'll drive yourself nuts trying to ever get them to read the same, just watch for big increases/decreases & higher temps than the others. The pressures & temps will vary greatly depending on ambient temps.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote