Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2021, 02:09 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #23338
Chassis/House Batt Disconnect..........

Hi everyone,

I have a 07 Four Winds Mandalay 40G coach that has a battery boost switch on the dash as well as the house disconnect above the entry door. Both worked fine until I took the coach in for service last week. After picking it up, I noticed that the house disconnect is now always in the ON position and the switch no longer functions. Same goes for the battery boost switch on the dash, It no longer functions as it did. To go one step further.......my dash radio also no longer turns on. I took it in to a Cummins coach care facility in tampa for dash AC service and they accomplished nothing other than creating the issues mentioned.

I checked the fuses in the bedroom, under the dash, as well as all the fuses in the storage bays and am stumped as I cant find the source of the problem.

Does anyone know where else I can look? Probability says both the battery boost switch as well as the house batt disconnect may be on the same circuit since they are both dead. Where else to look other than fuses Im not sure. Dead radio is another matter.

As I was told, the Cummins tech only hooked up AC gauges and checked system pressure. No idea if that is true....they had it a full week and managed to return my coach with more broken than when dropped off.

Old 05-08-2021, 02:34 AM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
What's the status of your house batteries? If dead, the radio won't work and you can't close the battery disconnect or the emergency start relay.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote