Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2022, 10:52 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Anybody ask what year this is? Did he reset the blue 50 amp breaker next to the battery?

Old 08-31-2022, 11:02 PM   #22
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
Anybody ask what year this is? Did he reset the blue 50 amp breaker next to the battery?
Why ask? Just read the first post. And the 50 amp breaker can be yellow or red as well.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 11:35 PM   #23

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Why ask? Just read the first post. And the 50 amp breaker can be yellow or red as well.
I missed that. My humble apologies. Red, blue yellow. Whatever. The guy needs to know to check that. You nor any other RV genius mentioned that. So I won’t mention when I took my chassis battery out to fill it and put it back in, nothing worked until I reset both the chassis battery breaker and the house battery breaker. Geez! Only tryin to help the guy.
Old 09-01-2022, 12:03 AM   #24
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
I missed that. My humble apologies. Red, blue yellow. Whatever. The guy needs to know to check that. You nor any other RV genius mentioned that. So I won’t mention when I took my chassis battery out to fill it and put it back in, nothing worked until I reset both the chassis battery breaker and the house battery breaker. Geez! Only tryin to help the guy.
Just adding to your information. And the year/make/model is probably one of the most accurate pieces of information we have about the OP's issues. Your recommendation is a good one but it's hard to say if it will help relieve any of the many issues the OP complains about.
Old 09-04-2022, 03:02 PM   #25

Model: Ace 30.4
State: Alabama
THOR #15477
So, it’s a 30 amp. Yes, we checked the yellow flags at the coach batteries. Didn’t know there’s one for the chassis battery.
We bought it off the lot brand new. No manuals and no the guy did a horrible walk thru. Too late to back out then.
I have one other question? Does shore power recharge chassis and coach batteries?
I’ve learned a lot from you guys. Just wanted to let you know, I’m the wife of the guy.
Love the idea of the mobile tech coming out and checking stuff and teaching us. Anybody out there from Evansville Indiana that knows a good one?
Thanks for all yall’s help.
Old 09-04-2022, 03:20 PM   #26

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mablunk View Post
So, it’s a 30 amp. Yes, we checked the yellow flags at the coach batteries. Didn’t know there’s one for the chassis battery.
We bought it off the lot brand new. No manuals and no the guy did a horrible walk thru. Too late to back out then.
I have one other question? Does shore power recharge chassis and coach batteries?
I’ve learned a lot from you guys. Just wanted to let you know, I’m the wife of the guy.
Love the idea of the mobile tech coming out and checking stuff and teaching us. Anybody out there from Evansville Indiana that knows a good one?
Thanks for all yall’s help.
In all the paperwork Thor MC CS has sent me over the years is a diagram for the 12 volt system from the chassis battery to the front cap (drivers compartment). Everything they has been for my coach model and floor pan and not generic. If you plan on doing any sort of maintenance or work on your coach, you need to get the material from Thor MC CS <https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owners>

To answer your question - yes, all batteries should be charged by the charger when the battery isolation latching relay is in the on (use) position if everything is working correctly.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 08:01 PM   #27

Model: Ace 30.4
State: Alabama
THOR #15477
I just started the generator to charge the batteries. Inverter went red until I started the engine. Let it all run about 20 mins.
With the gen still on, I turned off the motor. Everything 120 went off. It was even plugged into Sp. (I forgot).
I know there’s a breaker on the gen I will check that when she cools down.
With the engine running the fridge and inverter were working. Except the remote light for the inverter would not come on.
I call it a her cuz she’s a b… most of the time. But it’s really just our ignorance. We’re learning tho. Thanks everyone for your patience.
Old 09-04-2022, 10:43 PM   #28

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mablunk View Post
I just started the generator to charge the batteries. Inverter went red until I started the engine. Let it all run about 20 mins.
With the gen still on, I turned off the motor. Everything 120 went off. It was even plugged into Sp. (I forgot).
I know there’s a breaker on the gen I will check that when she cools down.
With the engine running the fridge and inverter were working. Except the remote light for the inverter would not come on.
I call it a her cuz she’s a b… most of the time. But it’s really just our ignorance. We’re learning tho. Thanks everyone for your patience.
Yes, the generator has its own circuit breaker(s). It (they) is on the right side of the bottom frame (facing the outside of the generator) about 2/3rds of the way back, (A diagram in the Onan operator's manual.) The house batteries' isolation relay must be closed (use/on) to charge the house batteries by the charger (generator or shore power). The battery isolation relay is controlled by the switch near the entry door labeled use/store or master power.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 11:49 PM   #29
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
Yes, the generator has its own circuit breaker(s). It (they) is on the right side of the bottom frame (facing the outside of the generator) about 2/3rds of the way back, (A diagram in the Onan operator's manual.) The house batteries' isolation relay must be closed (use/on) to charge the house batteries by the charger (generator or shore power). The battery isolation relay is controlled by the switch near the entry door labeled use/store or master power.
And just because the light is on when connected to SP or the generator is running; does not mean the switch in ON.