Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2021, 07:33 PM   #1
Kbs

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum pd31
State: Florida
THOR #12223
Class c wing walls rotted

Hi (wing walls = side walls behind the cab)
Wondering whether anyone else is having a problem with the class c wing walls rotting? Our 2017 quantum has experienced the lower 14 inches of each wing wall is rotted due to water migration. I crawled under the unit and found that Thor did not put the edging on the vertical internal edge of the wall. Therefore driving down the road the water was thrown up on this edge and eventually rotted it. I am waiting for Thorís response as to whether they will help cover this. I have little hope they will. Has anyone replaced these ? Seems like a big job.

Old 04-21-2021, 09:53 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar Bay Star Sport 300
State: Alabama
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbs View Post
Hi (wing walls = side walls behind the cab)

Wondering whether anyone else is having a problem with the class c wing walls rotting? Our 2017 quantum has experienced the lower 14 inches of each wing wall is rotted due to water migration. I crawled under the unit and found that Thor did not put the edging on the vertical internal edge of the wall. Therefore driving down the road the water was thrown up on this edge and eventually rotted it. I am waiting for Thorís response as to whether they will help cover this. I have little hope they will. Has anyone replaced these ? Seems like a big job.

Iím sorry you have this problem. I donít have a class C so canít actually offer any useful advice. Although Iíll note that it comes up a lot here and the repairs have been pretty well articulated. I gather itís not entirely dreadful although Iíve never studied up on it since Iíve got my own problems and donít need to learn how to solve the ones I donít have. Iíll be surprised if Thor jumps on it but stranger things have happened. Good luck.
Old 04-21-2021, 11:31 PM   #3

Model: Fourwinds 24F
State: North Carolina
THOR #9511
Search on ďwing wallĒ and you will find a few threads on the issue. I had to have mine replaced. The dealer said it was a factory problem and Thor took care of. I have a 2017 and it was relayed to me that some coaches came off the line without the bottom trim.
Old 04-21-2021, 11:51 PM   #4

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Indiana
THOR #6414
I had both sides rotted on my 2018 Class C after about a year and a half. Both had to be replaced. No quality control during the build process. It's just one of many things with my POS. Good luck with Thor.