Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2015, 08:18 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #2107
Kitchen counter problem

I recently purchased a 2016 ACE 30.2 and really like it. We had the usual QC items - fixed some myself, had the dealer fix a few. Coming together nicely except for one cabinetry item: didn't notice right away but the kitchen counter-top is sloped (about an inch higher in the front than the back). This affects the cook top function - stove needs to be level. The side to side is fine, the rear support needs to be raised about an inch. Probably involves removing the top and reinstalling correctly. Anyone else have this issue and did you have the dealer attempt to correct?

Old 06-11-2015, 11:31 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
That's officially the first time I have heard of a countertop being that far out of level.

The cabinetry is assembled in place from mass-produced "standardized" parts using reference jigs and a staple gun. Chances are that everything is the proper size, to specification, but not quite assembled properly, or mating pieces are out of alignment.

It shouldn't be too big of a deal for the dealer's technician to literally "pop" the countertop into place.

While I was waiting for warranty work on my coach, I watched a technician preparing a Winnebago unit for delivery completely dissemble a kitchen pantry with a thin putty knife, and then staple it all back together, looking like new.