Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2015, 02:05 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alberta
THOR #944
Coach Steps

Anybody have this problem. We park and level the unit and shut it off and when we open the door, we push the step switch so that the stairs stay out. Everything works fine and when we get ready to leave, I open the door and then push the switch to the position so that the stairs will close when I close the door. If I open the door with the coach now running the stairs automatically go out as the should however when closing the door sometimes the stairs do not retract. I open and close the door several times with the motor running and eventually the stairs come back in. This is on a 2014 Hurricane 34E with Lippert coach steps. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:45 AM   #2

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Check that the contact on the door properly alligns with the one on the door frame. If they don't make magnetic contact, those steps will stay extended. Then unplug the connections to the motor and plug them back in. I had both of these things happen with my last coach. Good luck!
Old 06-15-2015, 04:14 AM   #3

State: Alberta
THOR #944
Where abouts on the door and door frame are the contacts. I have not been able to locate them.