Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-13-2022, 03:25 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: California
THOR #26503
Compass / Gemini 23TW fridge size?

This one is driving me nuts. Days of online searching have led me to not one single answer.

I'm looking at the 23TW. I'm in the early research stage right now, haven't yet made the very long drive out to the nearest dealer.

Can anyone tell me either the make / model of the standard evap fridge in this unit, or else the physical dimensions (specifically, width?)

My reason for asking that I'd prefer to remove it and replace it with a 12v compressor unit, given that my focus here is on building a boondocker. The 23TW has all kinds of potential space on the outside of it for solar panels, but very little space inside for a fridge that the designers didn't think of.

I'm basically assembling my dream rig on paper right now. If the dimensions of the space its sitting in (plus my best guess at the height of the compartments above and below it) won't accommodate a compressor unit, then that kills my vision for this one.

Old 04-13-2022, 06:58 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Compass 23TR
State: Yukon
THOR #13409
I'm not sure about your model or year. We own a 2019 23TR - so a bit different. The fridge is the 5.5 cu feet Norcold 3 way - model # N51x.3
The manual says "rough opening dimensions (HxWxD)" 42 5/8 x 23 11/16 x 24.
Old 04-14-2022, 10:53 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: California
THOR #26503
Thanks for the reply.

Based on some photos from for-sale ads, the unit in your '19 TR does appear outwardly identical to the ones in the current-production TWs.

Very much appreciate the info.