Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-22-2019, 01:40 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
I’m guessing it was the water in the drain pipes themselves that was frozen. Even if the tanks are warmed the pipes are also full all the way to the gate valves and they are surrounded by the cold air. You should be good to go (pun intended) now.

Good luck on your upgrade. No doubt the trade value will be somewhat disappointing but remember that it will never be greater than it is right now and you only live once! We only had our 26 ft Freedom Elite for about 7 months before we traded up. Swallowed hard and jumped in and we’re very glad we did.

Old 12-22-2019, 11:02 AM   #22

Brand: Jayco
Model: Precept 31UL
State: Tennessee
THOR #14508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico View Post
Thank you for all the good advice, everyone. We are back home now in Eastern Tennessee, and the weather is supposed to be in the 50s, so I'm sure whatever might have been frozen will be thawed out very quickly. We are going to try to dump tomorrow and are hoping for some good results. We have to get the coach cleaned out because we have an appointment on Monday morning with Lazy Days RV. Going to find out what our coach might be worth as a trade in. It's been a wonderful little home on wheels for us but we would be a little bit happier with something we don't have to diet in order to pass each other in the kitchen.

Hey, Neighbor! from Townsend. Good luck with the prospecting and let us know what you find.

Mickey
Old 12-28-2019, 07:23 PM   #23

Model: Axis 25.2
THOR #17285
Quote:
Thank you for all the good advice, everyone. We are back home now in Eastern Tennessee, and the weather is supposed to be in the 50s, so I'm sure whatever might have been frozen will be thawed out very quickly. We are going to try to dump tomorrow and are hoping for some good results. We have to get the coach cleaned out because we have an appointment on Monday morning with Lazy Days RV. Going to find out what our coach might be worth as a trade in. It's been a wonderful little home on wheels for us but we would be a little bit happier with something we don't have to diet in order to pass each other in the kitchen.
Calico, we have an Axis 25.2 and have been full time in it since April. I get where you are coming from in terms of the size. The dog wonders why one of us ducks unto the bathroom so the other can pass. She keeps peeking in there to see what's up. We will keep it until we get our home built in Eastern, TN (Unicoi), but I am looking forward to having a larger unit in FL for the winter months.
Old 12-28-2019, 07:38 PM   #24

Brand: Keystone
State: North Carolina
THOR #5391
2 McDonalds sausage, egg, and cheese McMuffin and in 2 hours it will GO. Always works for me. A small coffee may cut 15 minutes off the time.

Edgewater 205 EXP
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 08:46 PM   #25

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
"We have to get the coach cleaned out because we have an appointment on Monday morning with Lazy Days RV. Going to find out what our coach might be worth as a trade in."

I say let them find/deal with the clog! It's about one of us got to give back to a dealer!! LOL Woops, did I just use my outside voice?!?!
Old 12-29-2019, 01:38 AM   #26

Model: Vegas 25.3
THOR #4796
Mickey is in Townsend and Karen is heading to Unicoi.... and I'm in-between, in Dandridge! Seems Eastern TN really IS the place to be! (Great place for our 1st annual Thor Forums Get Together, I'd say!)

By the way, nope, didn't bring home a bigger/badder coach. We got a wake-up call when I found what our current payoff amount was. Serves the hubby right for not leaving the negotiating up to me... even when I instructed him to NOT talk to a salesman, and NOT even make eye-contact with one....

Our next RV is years down the road, I'm afraid.
2011 Jeep Wrangler toad
Calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 02:53 AM   #27

Model: Venetian A40
State: Idaho
THOR #17453
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99dart View Post
"We have to get the coach cleaned out because we have an appointment on Monday morning with Lazy Days RV. Going to find out what our coach might be worth as a trade in."
Shoot for the moon! We did. I'm heading back with a long list of warrantee claims next week.
Old 12-29-2019, 11:35 AM   #28

Brand: Jayco
Model: Precept 31UL
THOR #14508
Quote:
Mickey is in Townsend and Karen is heading to Unicoi.... and I'm in-between, in Dandridge! Seems Eastern TN really IS the place to be! (Great place for our 1st annual Thor Forums Get Together, I'd say!)

By the way, nope, didn't bring home a bigger/badder coach. We got a wake-up call when I found what our current payoff amount was. Serves the hubby right for not leaving the negotiating up to me... even when I instructed him to NOT talk to a salesman, and NOT even make eye-contact with one....

Our next RV is years down the road, I'm afraid.

We're in! Plenty of stuff to do 'round here. Let's make it happen!

Hoo-boy! Know the eye contact thing all too well. When we looked at the ACE, Janet's eyes lit up and went two sizes larger. Salesmen saw that and we were toast!

Mickey
Old 12-29-2019, 11:59 AM   #29
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Calico,
I'm sorry to hear that you only came home with a wake-up call...
Next time: leave your "hugsband" locked in an outside storage compartment.
Old 12-29-2019, 01:23 PM   #30

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Well at least he didn't build a fire under it!
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 01:32 PM   #31
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
That could I've been nasty...