Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-04-2021, 08:38 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Black streaks just wipe away with this stuff. I’ve I only been able to find it at Home Depot but it’s amazing. Thanks to someone on this forum for the tip.
i will find it!!!

Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 09:19 PM   #22

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
Not saying that stuff's not safe... but some products can damage/dull clearcoat - sometimes gradually over time... don't ask
Agreed, I am 100% certain it may work; just like I am 100% certain that Mop & Glo or similar household products on the Roof or RV may make it shine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
i will find it!!!
So did you stop your plan to Wax your RV? If your RV is properly waxed the black streaks will come off with a regular wash. If it doesn't; use the same Meguiars Pure RV / Marine Wax #56 or Meguiars #83 and it comes off just as easy and it leaves a nice wax coating in the area that you need in the event some more black streaking comes from the roof.

Think about, if you not gonna keep your rubber roof cleaned every other month or so; the black streaks will always occur and you will eventually be spraying all types of house cleaners / solvents on what may remain of your precious gel coat And then poor misunderstood TMC get blamed because a customer complain about the finish not lasting long, not you; but just saying because somebody may read and understand what I am trying to say

Only thing that touches my gel coat (Gel RV Wash & Wax, Meguiars #56, & Meguiars #83) When/if I see a black streak, it comes off with simple wash or wipe of the cleaner wax.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 12:59 PM   #23

Model: Axis 25.2
State: New Jersey
THOR #24794
Thanks for all the advice. I'm not gonna do the cover route. I'm ordering the pink wash and wax and a foamer. There is a very reasonable detailer close to me so I'm going to bring it there first. Just to polish up the front and put a coat of wax. For some reason, the front is duller than the back. Maybe just the direction it was stored faced the sun. Then I'll maintain it myself with the pink stuff. I'm gonna cut up some Seaboard for under the tires and sew up some covers for the wheels.
Has anyone used the pink stuff on their cars? I'm hoping it will work on my cars and boats.
I don't want to change the original subject but... Is it ok to keep the Axis plugged in all the time? I would think yes but have to ask.
Thanks again everyone! I can't wait to take this thing on a trip.
Old 10-08-2021, 01:31 PM   #24

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Pink stuff works great on cars. Also use the same protectall from Amazon on car. We keep ours plugged into 30 amp all the time. Just run generator and start engine once on a while. Add Walmart gas treatment to a full tank of gas for winter good luck
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote